Philly Thoughts!

Look at the rate of improvement on scoring across all Div. I corps. You can not tell me MS have not improved, yet the rate of change (score wise) is well under the rate of change of other corps. IMO.... clearly an intention to keep MS down and out. A statistical analysis will cleary show that the MS scoring has been suppressed, while other Div I corps have steadily risen. There is no way you can suggest that the hours of practice should yield a FLAT rate of improvement. Same score 80 - 82 over last 5 weeks... No way. The data says it all.

Actually, what the data shows is that no matter where or when the shows have taken place, since the start of the season the Scouts have been trailing the rest.

I wish them and all the corps the best this week. No one is out to "get" the Scouts. They just aren't performing up to their normal standards, from most reports and just about every score.

I saw them last year, not this year, and IMO they were lucky to score as high as they did last year. If this year is more of the same, or even less, it's no surprise they are where they are, placement-wise. Last year in Philly I sat next to a Crossmen alum from the 80's. After the Scouts were finished we turned and looked at each other in astonishment and wondered what ever HAPPENED to the Scouts we both knew and enjoyed.

Mike