Sops, What'd You Play?

BeachDrums

• 2 weeks later...
Rebels horns: Kanstul 3 valves. Valves stick a lot but sound good. These horns require a lot of maintenance.

Paul at the Brass shop on line also showed me how to beef up the valve springs.It makes them faster and more responsive.

Can you describe this technique?

Ill try,

Basically you take a ball point pin or something of similar size and thickness and put it in between the springs and spreading them.

Just a little at first.Its a trial by error type of thing.I would suggest if you have one to practice on a beater horn or have a second set of springs laying around in case you get them too stiff.

The Hitmen play Schilke B5's, you got $2800?

I play on a 3 valve dynasty power bore......absolutely no complaints. I bought it from a guy I march with who couldn't adjust to not having any back pressure......but personally I don't think I will ever play on a different horn

I play on a 3 valve dynasty power bore......absolutely no complaints.  I bought it from a guy I march with who couldn't adjust to not having any back pressure......but personally I don't think I will ever play on a different horn

Dynasty makes a Power bore?????

Thats news to me.

I though Kanstul had the name on the moniker.

I play on a 3 valve dynasty power bore......absolutely no complaints.  I bought it from a guy I march with who couldn't adjust to not having any back pressure......but personally I don't think I will ever play on a different horn

Dynasty makes a Power bore?????

Thats news to me.

I though Kanstul had the name on the moniker.

They don't actually call it a power bore but it definitely has one. They probably can't call it a power bore because of kanstul.