final thoughts on all Things Madison

i had the same seat all 4 days, so my vantage point varied from the 49 yard line on side one to the 49 yard line on side 2, 26th row.

as for the city of Madison itself...a lot of growth since 99, and most of it good. Badger Cab sucks, as they left me hanging twice, and Union Cab raped me price wise....from now on 255-TAXI gets my business. State Street was as eclectic as ever, and my favorite place was the Greek place across from Wild Wings. The Hilton was fabulous...great view of the lake.

Onto the corps........

DCI please promote D2/3 better...you have a treasure there. My only concer is some of the corps go way out there on the show selection scale. Surf, if you are trying to be the new bridgemen, keep going cause you were funny and good...loved On Wisconsin....it meant no more cheerleader s###.

Revolution and Blue Stars....you lead D3 well.....congrats and continued success is in your forecast.

SCV Cadets.....a week later all i can say is f### me. i had you a close 3rd.

Mandarins....i couldnt get into it.....2 years in a row now. I hope you go back to the identity you had and stopped recycling music already done well by larger corps.

Cap Reg.....the future is yours guys and gals. Love the look, love the sound, and take care of Murph and his staff...you have untapped ptential there.

Pioneer.....I would look at a) d2, B) taking fewer drummers cause the hornline just cant get big enough to cover em up and 3) better show selection. If you fix b and c, you wont need a.

Troopers.....continue growing as you are. I absolutely loved the show...you took that music and made it Troopers...if you continue at this pace, in 3/4 years look out.

Kkavs....huge corps.....show was ok, but i dunno...it lacked something...and can we call you team flanada now?

Crown....please...pick a better show. Such talent not used well is a crime.

Colts...see above.

Madison.....this is tough. Musically I loved you. Visually eh....no need to fire people(well maybeguard staff).....I would get active in going after quality guard talent...recruit at WGI stuff....pick a killer show....and find that balance between exciting as h### and clean...ya know like 95.

Bk...see Crown and Colts.

Seattle......wonderful show.....guard could use some work, but for a first year D1 corps, you have nothing to hang your heads about. You wuys and gals will be on the scene for a while.

Magic...Jesus. What a show. welcome back to where we always wanted you..finals. This was better than "12 Seconds".

Spirit.....i loved you! It was such a treat to see you back in finals......you performed the h### out of your shows all week.

Xmen...any other year you would have been 7th...honestly. Great show...Chuck you wrote one helluva book. I look forward to seeing where you go next.

Gmen...loved the show til Javelin....that flugel soloist is amazing. Nice to hear you guys groove and lossen up a bit.

Bluecoats...yeah I am biased. seems like just last week i was at drum death camp. Tenor line was sickeningly good......this was by far your best effort to date...Eric's drill took it to a new level and musically your got the right scores Friday.

Boston...what cant be said....the GE kings pulled my heartstrings again. any other year you would have been top 5. Wonderful concept, and you guys had such diction when you sang....beautiful.

Phantom....ahhh, that Phantom bottom sound was back. fix the snareline and look out......awesome show...loved Symphony 10.

SCV...I had ya 3rd...you threw down. awesome show. truly ahead of the game.

cadets....well...ya tried, but all three nights the closer left me flat, and the surprise ending didnt have the punch it should have. But, hey ya cant win every year.

BD...thank you for sounding like BD again....i hated you in June but loved you in August.

Cavies......a 99? no. Best ever? no. Best this year? hands down. your detractors will say you were smoke and mirrors, but all good shows have those, and in between those you performed very, very, scary well. Tho I liked 00 and 01 better from an entertainment standpoint, you did incredibly well with the vehicle you chose.

Friends of DCI...please get food that wont make my ### a faucet next time please.....but thanks for showing 77 Bayonne.

RoyalAirs......what more can I say that I didnt in my earlier review. Fantastic and cant wait to see it at DCA.

SCV alumni.....thank you for reminding me yet again why I fell in love w/all things SCV in 1975. My next request is to please do the 1979 show.

DCI.....well done in most areas...you couldnt help the contstruction issues. Great job w/security getting in, but lousy job w/######## fans and the folks at the tunnel letting people in and out.

To the jackass behind me...i remember what you look like...I hope you never see me again.

God what a year...I am in DCI withdrawal!!!