DCE Finalls

harrold99

I just want to draw your attentionto the following:

Tomorrow, september 25th, is going to be a historical day on the history of the European drumcorps scene. Tomorrow is going to be the biggest finals holland ever had. Corps from Holland, England, Germany, France and Sweden wil compete and it's going to be a great day. Finally after lots of years a organisation (DCE) succeede to have this drumcorps competition!! wel done!!!

for more info check http://www.drumcorps.nl/en/finals.html

c ya all later!

I just want to draw your attentionto the following:

Tomorrow, september 25th, is going to be a historical day on the history of the European drumcorps scene. Tomorrow is going to be the biggest finals holland ever had. Corps from Holland, England, Germany, France and Sweden wil compete and it's going to be a great day. Finally after lots of years a organisation (DCE) succeede to have this drumcorps competition!! wel done!!!

for more info check http://www.drumcorps.nl/en/finals.html

c ya all later!

Now if we could just get DCUK into the fold it would be a truly European finals. There are a few DCUK corps that I think would represent quite well. The Senators, Kidsgrove Scouts and a few others would surprise a few of the bigger Continental corps!

Kidsgrove Scouts and Northern Star were competing in open class... So it was truely European

Here are the scores:

Scores Finals Open Class

1 • 85.8 • Beatrix

2 • 83.6 • Jubal

3 • 75.5 • Kidsgrove Scouts

4 • 71.2 • Wölper Löwen

5 • 70.9 • Northern Star

6 • 68.8 • Juliana

7 • 67.3 • Starriders

8 • 54.5 • Die Tambourijnen

9 • 53.3 • Federatieband

10 • 52.8 • Fidele Vogelsanger

Scores Finals A-Class

1 • 50,7 • Stragnas

1 • 50.7 • Distant Thunder

3 • 45.9 • Jeugdshowband JFB

4 • 41.1 • Red Stars

5 • 39.0 • Midsomer Norton Marching Brass

Scores Finals Marching Percussion Class

1 • 71.2 • Rhythm Stars

2 • 55.4 • Blue Lions

3 • 54.4 • Göteborg Drum Corps

4 • 45.4 • Harpe Davids

Scores Finals Cadet Class

1 • 56.8 • Jong Beatrix

2 • 51.8 • Johan Friso

3 • 50.0 • Jong Jubal

4 • 42.4 • Jong Avalance

5 • 40.5 • Pegasus

It was fun watching DCE Finals. So many different kind of shows and music selections made an entertaining night. Beatrix with a class of its own, Jubal with a music sellection very different (from my opinion) than the last years (man I still love the Arabian Nights Show from 2000), Kidsgrove Scouts what a blast with that many (small) numbers. Also Northern Star - what a spirit.

Very happy made me the fact that 3 german corps were in the Top 10.

Woelper Loewen with an very audience orientated show brought the Moulin Rouge to the audience and 4th place to Neustadt, Germany. Starriders with an extrem complex drill and clean and demanding music and Fidele Vogelsanger with music from the 60s. Guys no matter of scores, our friend Sani was on the field, I heard him and I saw him (Sani rest in peace).

The 5 hour drive (one way) was worth the event. So many known faces, so many friends such a fair audience. Shure it was a fact of winning and losing, but everyone that night who marched his show on the field was a winner of his own.

The main winner was for shure the audience. 2000 ???? maybe more in the stands had tons of fun. Hope next year DCE Finals will be bigger and stronger - Drum Corps is not only in the US and Canada. Yeah, the old world rules also.

Take care and CU next season on the 50

Edited by BariSaege