A Hearse is a Hearse of course of course

No, let's keep talking about Iron City!!

As much as it is definitely a 'steel mill beer' and not anything like these fancy designer beers, it is one of those things I miss from 'back home".

Picked up a case to bring back with me from a recent visit to the 'burgh - just had to get a case of the new 'alumicans'. Cool looking can/bottle, and it does keep the beer cold for an hour!

../// back to hearses.

Hey Mr "Z" man,

I think it was both Sam and Rob who kept the tradition of Stoneys alive.....As for the equipment "beer truck", my only memory is of corps that gave away FREE BEER and I wasn't concerned with the means of dispensing the liquid....My brain doesn't work anymore (or less) without a few sips of the waters from the Alleg. and Mon. rivers....Please don't forget Duquesne, Silver Top, Fort Pitt and Olde Foshingslosh Ale from the local Pittsburgh area.....

P.S. I once took a 4 year old can of Iron City to the Skunk Beer championships @ DCA weekend and I.C. got the silver medal for 2nd place...

P.S.S. Now a 2 yr. veteran with Corpvets Amer. Squad.....Some great things happening within DCA South...Check them out John....

Just my $.02 worth...Enjoy

See "yunz"

Pgh Guy Bari 2

John G

Hey Mr "Z" man,

I think it was both Sam and Rob who kept the tradition of Stoneys alive.....As for the equipment "beer truck",  my only memory is of corps that gave away FREE BEER and I wasn't concerned with the means of dispensing the liquid....My brain doesn't work anymore (or less) without a few sips of the waters from the Alleg. and Mon. rivers....Please don't forget Duquesne,  Silver Top,  Fort Pitt and Olde Foshingslosh Ale from the local Pittsburgh area.....

P.S. I once took a 4 year old can of Iron City to the Skunk Beer championships @ DCA weekend and I.C. got the silver medal for 2nd place...

P.S.S. Now a 2 yr. veteran with Corpvets Amer. Squad.....Some great things happening within DCA South...Check them out John....

Just my $.02 worth...Enjoy

See "yunz"

Pgh Guy Bari 2

John G

RIP, Rob - I can't remember a time where either Sam or Rob, or both, didn't have a Stoney's in their hands.

I can believe the silver award for the aged IC - found a 'misplaced' bottle in the garage that the beer had turned in to a dark fuzzy thingy. Didn't bother to taste it - wasn't THAT desperate.

Working on marching again John - still trying to make the 100% committment one more time. Though it looks like I now have several options to choose from in the Atlanta area where my 'assets' might be put to good use. Hmmmm.......

I do remember a corps in the Pgh area who used a beer truck and had one compartment set up for a cold keg. thinking it was a parade corp, maybe north of the city.

Hope all is well in PA for you - still need to call you for a golf game sometime.

go Steelers!