1973 Muchachos!

44-year-old "Old Phart" here...

One of the kids at my church - in the local HS band, playing "Malaguena" as part of their field show - discovered my interest in marching and music. He happened to hear me say I had some drum corps recordings, and he wanted to know if I had any of "Malaguena."

I started with corpsreps, and then went through my recordings to make a custom CD of "Malaguena Through the DCI Years" for this kid. There are some great versions of this well-worn tune out there through the years, but I had almost forgotten the Muchachos' 1973 show. I haven't been able to stop listening to it for almost a week now!

What a horn line! Love those screamin' mellophones! They just keep on coming at you! Great stuff! WOW!

:D B) ^OO^

44-year-old "Old Phart" here...

One of the kids at my church - in the local HS band, playing "Malaguena" as part of their field show - discovered my interest in marching and music. He happened to hear me say I had some drum corps recordings, and he wanted to know if I had any of "Malaguena."

I started with corpsreps, and then went through my recordings to make a custom CD of "Malaguena Through the DCI Years" for this kid. There are some great versions of this well-worn tune out there through the years, but I had almost forgotten the Muchachos' 1973 show. I haven't been able to stop listening to it for almost a week now!

What a horn line! Love those screamin' mellophones! They just keep on coming at you! Great stuff! WOW!

:D  B)  ^OO^

Absolutely agree! I have the recording also and when I feel the urge for old all balls out drum corps I turn up the 73 (and 74) Muchachos. You are right WOW!! Gotta go now. I got the urge again. Thanks!