Sop Feature

I read somewhere on here where someone was talking about the little diddy that Cadets did. They thought it was cool......I pointed out that the '81 Crossmen Sops did it too. Check this photo out; (That's my hubby there on the left end):rolleyes:

81SopsHandoverhorn.jpg

The 1981 Boys of 76 did it, too.

Kenny Norman wrote our charts that year and our Flag Pre was "Grand Old Flag"

There was a solo/bridge before the big push and presentation of the flag that Kenny wrote in the key of A flat. I was the only one in the corps who could finger it, but I didn't have the range to play it so I fingered it for the late great Art Kurth.

J.C.

Way back when I was in high school (1977), during our lunch break a bunch of us would go down to the practice room in the band hall. My friend would play the piano while I held her flute to her mouth....I would do the fingerings while another flute player would hold my flute to my mouth while she did the fingerings. It was really cool! Especially if you all were playing different parts! We were going to use it for a talen night competition, but we chicken out! I believe this is where my husband got the idea from.

It was my husband and his friend (next to him) that was playing one day after rehearsal. The other guys in the hornline saw it and started doing it to. When the brass instructors saw it, they liked it and put it in.

I read somewhere on here where someone was talking about the little diddy that Cadets did. They thought it was cool......I pointed out that the '81 Crossmen Sops did it too.  Check this photo out; (That's my hubby there on the left end):rolleyes: 

81SopsHandoverhorn.jpg

Great pic Malibu!!

I guess Dave got a little break during those two measures. I don't recall if the sops did that all year or if it went in mid-season. I remember we alsways got some "ooohs & aaahs" after that.