Star 1986

Sounds like Star!  BTW...what ever happened to the horns??

They were sold off after the 95' Brass Theater year. I do not know the details as to whom and how many, but most are gone. This past spring when visiting the corps hall I saw a few here and there. Not sure if any of the K-90s are still around. Eric Lund was and still is the equipment manager. I will have to ask him the sticky details next time I see him.

Blast! and it's progeny use all Yamaha brass. You wouldn't believe the stockpile of equipment they have nowadays. It's somewhat disgusting. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I seem to recall 20 during that part in Close Encounters..I remember them having the extras sitting in the pit until that part of the show, and I think there were 12 or 14 regulars...Matt or Marilyn Tye would be the ones to ask.

I remember giving Jim Mason all kinds of s*** for those stupid rolling globe things early in the season.. He was always a good target for grief.  I told him he shopuld have gone back to the Colts..I guess it was good he didn't take my abuse to heart.

Pat

There was 18 contras for Close Encounters. They may have tinkered with more duing the winter or early season, but I distinctly remember 18 most of the season. The corps marched 12 most years save for 92' when 14 were used. They were always 'The Dirty Dozen' or the 'Staks'. The last name is in reference to the Slestaks from the Land of the Lost series. They were some strange dudes in the early years.

The Gerbil Wheels are one of the stranger Star episodes. We actually used them things in a few early season shows! They were a logistical nightmare. BTW they were the product of Zingali's and Sylvester's evil genius. Mason doesn't deserve to much blame for those things.