Limited Edition

Limited Edition - Columbus, OH. I rarely see them mentioned - only a short mention in the "Dead corps to bring back" thread. How 'bout it? I really enjoyed them. I loved their bold music selection in '89, '90, '91. Especially "The Gods" show in 1989. This was the year before I marched drum corps, and it really sucked me in. For a short-sighted teenager, that was not too impressed with DII/III at the time, I had a rare appreciation for a small bunch that appeared well seasoned and disciplined (read "hard-nosed attitude").

I must admit, if I had not made the Bluecoats in '90, I was thinking of LE or Glassmen next. Nothing against the Glassman of that era, but I was leaning LE.

Anybody care to share some thoughts on Limited Edition?

===============

On a completely un-related note, this is making me feel old. This is the first corps, that I witnessed both the creation and ending, that fully qualifies for the Historic discussion board. (I don't count Star, 'cause whe I first saw them, I had no idea what I was watching. :P )

Edited by mingusmonk

Anybody care to share some thoughts on Limited Edition?

I liked 'em. They were an interesting group. Here one minute and gone the next, though, which is sad.

There was quite a bit of discussion about them when I interviewed the Capital Regiment folks for a DCW article a while back. Cap Reg noted LE and made clear to me that they were in it "for the long haul," not content to come on strong and disappear like LE did. That was a couple of years ago, so it looks like they (Capital Regiment) did exactly what they said they were going to do.

I think some of the people that were involved in LE are still involved (or were involved) in Capital Regiment. Anyone know?

Thanks for the kind words, we were gone much to soon. Rick and Brian (Cap. Reg. director and asst director) were involved with LE in upper managment. I stopped by their souvie booth at finals looking for Rick mostly to say hi but also to tell him that he has done a wonderful job with Cap. Regiment :whistle: (I really hope that they make top 12 this year). 92 was our last competitive year although I believe some former staff and members tried to field a corps in 94 or 95 but never got it fully off the ground. 92 was an odd summer it was as if both the staff and members knew that that was going to be it for the corps. :(

it was as if both the staff and members knew that that was going to be it for the corps.  :(

When things have "gone south," so to speak, it's pretty common for the whole organization to get that gut feeling. But it's still sad. I marched Knights in '89 and we basically imploded. Tears your heart out.

It's always good to hear that people remember your shows.

Props to the Cap Reg people...may there always be corps in Columbus.