now this is a trivia question

What year did SCV open their show with Swan Lake?

Regards,

John Swartz

Checked corpsreps.com to see if it was listed, and it's not, but I think they had a "sound byte" solo of Swan Lake mixed in with some other stuff before starting Festive Overture in 1986. Part of the "Kiev 1901" theme or something. I need to find my recording of that year to double check.

Checked corpsreps.com to see if it was listed, and it's not, but I think they had a "sound byte" solo of Swan Lake mixed in with some other stuff before starting Festive Overture in 1986. Part of the "Kiev 1901" theme or something. I need to find my recording of that year to double check.

You got it. Mellophone solo before Festive Overture kicked in.

Regards,

John Swartz

You can add in a touch of The Nutcrackers "Russian Dance" in with that too.

What year did SCV open their show with Swan Lake?

Regards,

John Swartz

Yeah, but I was making it tough (which it must have been since no one even tired for a day and a half to answer it) not impossible.

Regards,

John

You kind of mislead every one here now didn't you???

I was looking, as probably every one was, for a year that SCV OPENED their show with Swan Lake.

You didn't say it was PART of the opener!!

Sneaky John!!!

You kind of mislead every one here now didn't you???

I was looking, as probably every one was, for a year that SCV OPENED their show with Swan Lake.

You didn't say it was PART of the opener!! 

Sneaky John!!!

Well, they did start the show with it. It was a solo, not some obscure line of thought, and Festive Overture did follow.

I did qualify it as what they opened with, not what they said was their first number.

I think that it is not unlike Devils's New York Fantasy leading into Ya Gotta Try, Vanguard just didn't list it.

Regards,

John

Yeah, but I was making it tough (which it must have been since no one even tired for a day and a half to answer it) not impossible.

Regards,

John

Does that mean I won then since I achieved the "impossible"? :)