some old corps photos

Mike Burnett. Marched until his body gave out. RIP.

Regards,

John Swartz

Yep..I remember Mike well-I was one of the few people who would put up with him! "Pud" was a #### of a guy.

I remember being on tour one year, during one of those 12 hr rehearsals in August, everybody was crying about being hot and tired, and there was Mike standing out in the middle of the field, his cancerous knee so swollen he could barely stand, yelling at everybody to quit crying and get back to work.

He also wore a wig because he lost his hair from the chemo, and he used to like to take it in the middle of a show,retreats etc...

He could be an Abrasive S.O.B. but the guy had more guts and heart than anybody I've ever Known! RIP Brother

:angel:

Hey ODBC- do ya remember when he asked Dutch Boy's DM about "The Dead Cat " on his hat during retreat?....Classic Mike Burnett.

Hey Bob:

I heard about that, whether the competition between the two corps is heated or not, the friendship between our corps that was established during the '70s when I marched, will always be there!!!

There may have been a bit of tension with the two corps in the early '80s but a good laugh like that can always soften that tension. Besides this is only a friendly competition between friends, ALWAYS!!!

After all, this is only drum & bugle corps!!! B)