some old corps photos

Crossmen, Whitewater, 1978

c204336c.jpg

Crossmen, Whitewater, 1978 (last one)

a959a6e2.jpg

No caption needed, take 2.

SCVWW001038.jpg

AGHHHHH!! I walk in here all innocent and all and here's BobB loading all these AWESOME pictures!!! OMG!!! Bob... :worthy::huh:

You are awesome! ... Mr Peabody has put us back into the "way back" machine tonight thanks to you...

Now I'll shut up and let you continue to post!! What do you have for Guardsmen from that show??? (Oh please ... oh please ... have some ... oh please...)

SCVWW001038.jpg

Sorry... I gotta double post here, because as I sit here and stare at this GREAT photo (thanks BobB!) I can remember BEING there at this show, DCI Midwest

at Whitewater, WI. And I remember WATCHING this SCV performance, but from way over on the other side on the hill that went up to the stadium.

I've told this before here somewhere, but those of you that marched there may recall how back then the corps had to walk all the way back up around behind

the stadium stands and walk down some precarious steps to get onto that field. They didn't open the back gates until 1979 to let corps in.

I distinctly remember being back behind the front stands at the concessions, and turning around to see this very SCV snareline (followed closely by the

rest of the SCV drumline) walking up that hill and heading toward those steps I mentioned. The people all mulling around back there going to the concessions or

bathrooms or whatever all just parted open, like the "Red Sea," as the drumline came through. It was an amazing awesome experience for me at that time.

Once I picked my jaw up off the ground, I ran off to my vantage point to catch their show. But I had to get back to my own corps for retreat (not "olympic"

style... we all paraded on one at a time from the end zone area and through the gate that would eventually become the way corps came on & off Warhawk

Stadium field... ) Great memories!!

I believe DCP poster "Snapettesmom" is out here in this picture in that snare line... yeah?

AGHHHHH!! I walk in here all innocent and all and here's BobB loading all these AWESOME pictures!!! OMG!!! Bob... :ph34r::ph34r:

You are awesome! ... Mr Peabody has put us back into the "way back" machine tonight thanks to you...

Now I'll shut up and let you continue to post!! What do you have for Guardsmen from that show??? (Oh please ... oh please ... have some ... oh please...)

Aw, shucks, man. :wall: Some great memories, and I'm happy to finally share these photos.

I have some more from the same show but, sadly, no Guardsmen (hey, if I'd only known then....). I'll post 'em this week if I have time, but most likely after DCI finals.

Geno, PM me some time. I finally figured out that we crossed paths back in the day.

It's in the 1981 DCI Yearbook (the green one), on the second page of the Blue Devils article ("Les Corps de L'Ouest," which translated from the French means "I surrender.")

If I could scan it I would; I bet someone else on this thread here can rock it for you. Hope this helps.

It's not on the BD website archive, either.

BTW, did you hear about the guy on eBay auctioning off 200 WWII era French carbine rifles?

Never fired and only dropped once.

(Bah DUM Tiiiiisssssshhhhhh!)

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

Garry

SCVWW001038.jpg

Wow, goosebumps all over again! :ph34r:

is there any reason why i cant add DCUK photo's

well tough here is my 1st

dagenhamcrusaders5.jpg

Dagenham Crusaders 1983 (1st DCUK corps to enter DCI finals in Miami)