some old corps photos

Oh, and yes, that is Jeff K in the Muchachos uniform :-)

Whitewater83-1.jpg

First taste, courtesy of the amazing Malibu. That's me at the timps. Whitewater 83.

It looks to me like the right side of the picture is cut off. I could've sworn I've seen this photo with Oakland (in the turquoise uniform) in it. But maybe I'm dreaming that. Wouldn't be the first time!

Yes Sue you are right the right side of the photo is missing. I am talking to Mhairi Cumming who was in the Seneca uniform and she was in the photo next to the cropped off Blue Devil guy. She remembers it well and also remembers that Jeff McKay wore the Oakland Crusader uniform in Florida @ DCI where this pic was taken...and Carol Munro wore the Oakland's uniform in Whitewater where these same people made an appearance in these original uniforms. The De La Salle person in this pic is Kelly Cameron while Peter Fritch wore the Del uniform in Whitewater. Mhairi wore the Seneca Optimist uniform in both locations. Mhairi, my personal informant tells me that in fact, Jerry Seawright was so upset about the aged look of the Blue Devils satin uniform in Whitewater that he had a brand new one custom made for this Florida shoot.... Now let's see if our poster could get us a glimpse of that right side.

I've seen those. What I mean is that I'm almost positive I've seen a full posed photo. It really does appear to me that the right side of this photo is cut off; the people on the right look cropped, and even the title at the bottom doesn't appear to be centered, but drifts to the right.

I believe you can see the full photo on North Stars website.

Let me go and see if that has more corps......

Edited by LancerFi

Yes Sue you are right the right side of the photo is missing. I am talking to Mhairi Cumming who was in the Seneca uniform and she was in the photo next to the cropped off Blue Devil guy. She remembers it well and also remembers that Jeff McKay wore the Oakland Crusader uniform in Florida @ DCI where this pic was taken...and Carol Munro wore the Oakland's uniform in Whitewater where these same people made an appearance in these original uniforms. The De La Salle person in this pic is Kelly Cameron while Peter Fritch wore the Del uniform in Whitewater. Mhairi wore the Seneca Optimist uniform in both locations. Mhairi, my personal informant tells me that in fact, Jerry Seawright was so upset about the aged look of the Blue Devils satin uniform in Whitewater that he had a brand new one custom made for this Florida shoot.... Now let's see if our poster could get us a glimpse of that right side.

Whew, glad to know I'm not imagining that. Now I wish I'd kept a copy of that complete photo! I've searched, but I'm not finding it anywhere on the net.

Whitewater83-1.jpg

First taste, courtesy of the amazing Malibu. That's me at the timps. Whitewater 83.

Great picture - Man, those trees sure look small compared to now. A great venue

2523916290096538667S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's the another photo from Mhairi - same time '97

The front row consists of the Original DCI Corps from 1972. That is the late John Tokar wearing the Garfield Cadet uni. I also see Jeff Kievit wearing his Muchacho uni. Even though Blessed Sac & Blue Rock never competed in DCI they were two of the original Eastern Corps to form Drum Corps International along with the Garfield Cadets, Boston Crusaders & 27th Lancers.

The Bleu Raeder is missing, could he be to the right? Ooops, never mind....found him on the second row.

Edited by Bleu Raeder

The Bleu Raeder is missing, could he be to the right? Ooops, never mind....found him on the second row.

Where in the second row? There were only two designs of the Raeder uni and I see neither in the picture.