some old corps photos

Flint Guardsmen 1971

Note the wall in the right backfield. Does anyone remember the Zouaves? They were drill teams that appeared at VFW and AL shows. I remember them well. They would come flying over the wall to start there show.

FlintGuardsmen1971Zouaveswallinback.jpg

L to R Flint Guardsmen MI, Praesidium Riverview,MI and Leamington Townsmen ON,Canada

flintGuardsmenPraesidiumandTownsmen.jpg

Glassmen not sure what year. I'm thinking around 1975. Anyone?

Glassmenearlytomid70s.jpg

Marauders Madison Heights,MI 1972 MI VFW State Champions.

Marauders1972MIVFWStateChampions.jpg

2corpsphotos8024.jpg

I got a LOT of cr@p for this photo when it was published, because Ed captioned it "Super Rifle Lee Doebler..." I heard that phrase a lot that summer... :inlove:

fleabag, can you email a copy of this one (I"ll PM you my eddress.) The only copy I have is cut from the paper, about 1 inch by 2 inches.

And thanks for the compliment!

Edited by elayes

Flint Guardsmen 1971

Note the wall in the right backfield. Does anyone remember the Zouaves? They were drill teams that appeared at VFW and AL shows. I remember them well. They would come flying over the wall to start there show.

FlintGuardsmen1971Zouaveswallinback.jpg

Could you describe this in more detail? How did they come over the wall? (It looks like plywood or some such thing, and so seems like it wouldn't hold a lot of weight.) Anyway, that's interesting to me, because it predates a lot of the stuff that is commonplace now, both in corps/band and winter guard.