some old corps photos

Is this before or after the magic box malfunctions?

Must be after because in Rockford it happend right behind me and I don't really see any tenors in this shot.

Sadly, I don't have a date for when this photo was taken. It's the only photo I've ever seen of the magic act.

Could you describe this in more detail? How did they come over the wall? (It looks like plywood or some such thing, and so seems like it wouldn't hold a lot of weight.) Anyway, that's interesting to me, because it predates a lot of the stuff that is commonplace now, both in corps/band and winter guard.

Welll If memory serves, they made a human ladder behind the wall and they climbed to the top and jumped over. Which reminds me of the Springfield Rifles. Anyone remember them?

Welll If memory serves, they made a human ladder behind the wall and they climbed to the top and jumped over.

Thanks for the explanation. That's pretty darned cool!

Could you describe this in more detail? How did they come over the wall? (It looks like plywood or some such thing, and so seems like it wouldn't hold a lot of weight.) Anyway, that's interesting to me, because it predates a lot of the stuff that is commonplace now, both in corps/band and winter guard.

Sue, remember when Conquest was penalized in WGI for their moving walls? This wall reminds me of that prop.

Some photos that were posted on the Oakland Crusaders group page over on Facebook: Oakland Crusaders photos

1973 De La Salle Oaklands

1973DeLaSalle1.jpg

1973DeLaSalle2.jpg

1973Delntlsprelims.jpg

1973Delsnareline.jpg

1975 Oakland Crusaders (DCI prelims and Key to the Sea)

1975DCIprelimsticket.jpg

1975OaklandDCIprelims.jpg

1975OaklandKeytotheSea.jpg

Continued from the Oakland Crusaders group page on Facebook:

1979 Oakland Crusaders (DCI prelims)

1979OaklandDCIprelims1.jpg

1979OaklandDCIprelims2.jpg

1979OaklandDCIprelims3.jpg

1979OaklandDCIprelims4.jpg

1979OaklandDCIprelims5.jpg

John, for some reason I'm not seeing your photos (well, except for the one of the Canadian $2 bill).