some old corps photos

Big Sev,

Naturally I would beg to differ re your choice, but that's cool you liked Blue Stars - another great Wisconsin corps!

Southeastern WI had an incredible music program going on in the mid to late sixties that was separate from drum corps - and in some way, might have had an influence in the direction of drum corps in the 70's and beyond.

So many great corps back then, and so sad how many have folded.

I was not saying the BS were better overall than the Kilties. Obviously they weren't as the Kilts went on to win VFW that year. But that particular recording had a much better musical performance by the BS than everyone else on that CD.

Big Sev -

you've made a great point - back then, the Midwest Drum Corps ruled (with a few exceptions from the East (BC primarily, St. Joes, Blue Rock, 27th was starting to come into its own) - and the West (SCV, Anaheim, Blue Devils, hadn't come into play yet), and on any given competition, things could go any which way - Cavaliers, Des Plaines Vanguard, Royal Airs, Kilties, Madison, Racine Scouts, Mariners, Blue Stars, Belleville Black Knights, St. Paul Scouts - all of these fine corps were competitive throughout the sixties!

I'm so glad to have lived when I did!

27atretreat.jpg

Has this one been posted yet? It's a great one of retreat!

Edited by Lancerlady

86East11.jpg

1986 27th Lancers at DCI East Allentown compliments of Malibu! :blink:

Edited by Lancerlady

Man, what was up with all the corps out of Wisconsin??? Was there something in the water?

Holy Crap!

I think it was once decided that Wisconsin was the Drum Corps capital of the world because we had the highest per capita number of corps.

Obviously eastern states probably had more but they are also much more populous. Its was no mistake that DCI Finals started in Wisconsin!

27atretreat.jpg

Has this one been posted yet? It's a great one of retreat!

Photo correcter strikes again!!!

27atretreat1.jpg

introtodc.jpg

The look on their faces says it all! :blink:

oops double post, but thanks Dan for pointing that one out, I guess we didn't clean that one up! :P

Edited by Lancerlady

oops double post, but thanks Dan for pointing that one out, I guess we didn't clean that one up! :P

I just like to tweak photos, my software has a "one button fix".

BTW the drumline photo is great!!!

Help me figure this out so I don't take up so much space! :sshh:

Edited by Lancerlady