some old corps photos

Thanks Sue, here's some more photos and yes, I did take a picture of you guys. :thumbup:

Oakland Crusaders '78

OaklandCrusaders78.jpg

The X! I'm somewhere at the end of that flag file, probably at the very end . . . though we changed that drill so many times that it's hard to tell.

Thanks so much for posting this photo, Sandy! I really do appreciate it . . . especially given what you and your family are going through right now. :lol:

Edited by byline

so, I'm wondering how it is that Ventures are following Bridgemen. Weren't Bridgemen forced to do prelims the day before the rest of the top 25 because of what happened in 77? It would have to be because Ventures wouldn't have been on with the block.

Not sure, but corpsreps.com lists only one day (July 7) for prelims in Allentown: DCI East Prelims

FYI, steelcityrabbit has posted these great photos from 1989 in this thread: 1989 DCI finals pics... free!

Cavies

1989cavies.jpg

Crossmen

1989crossmen.jpg

Garfield

1989garfield.jpg

Santa Clara

1989santaclara.jpg

Star

1989star.jpg

Retreat

1989retreat.jpg

Also did some cropping to these photos:

AKingsmen78.jpg

OaklandCrusaders78.jpg

Edited by byline

so, I'm wondering how it is that Ventures are following Bridgemen. Weren't Bridgemen forced to do prelims the day before the rest of the top 25 because of what happened in 77? It would have to be because Ventures wouldn't have been on with the block.

Regards,

John

John, if memory serves me right, Allentown was a one day event lasting from early morning until the night with a dinner break in between. Top 10 or 12 corps advanced to the evening show.

If you notice the sun on the left, it was early in the morning that Bridgemen performed.

Thank you all for your kind condolences. I'll be OK as I know my mom's spirit lives with me. :thumbup:

John, if memory serves me right, Allentown was a one day event lasting from early morning until the night with a dinner break in between. Top 10 or 12 corps advanced to the evening show.

If you notice the sun on the left, it was early in the morning that Bridgemen performed.

Thank you all for your kind condolences. I'll be OK as I know my mom's spirit lives with me. :thumbup:

OK, so I'm an idiot. I thought those were Denver pics. Sometimes Allentown looks like Denver in print.

Regards,

John