some old corps photos

OK, my future x-boyfriend in 1980 was very into the senior corps activity. He talked about it for a few months, we then went to a show to begin our first tour I believe (we may have been in New York or New Jersey, and low and behold, it was a junior and senior corps show. I tried to run to the bus to snap as many photos as I could for him, this is one of them. Is this the Sunrisers? It's just a guess!

The following year we went to a senior corps show and began meeting a bunch of members and one of the corps' drum majors asked where I had marched, etc. when I told him he asked if I could give him Zingali's telephone #, they wanted him to write their drill, long story short, that person did call, and he did end up writing their drill, I'm not sure if he did that drill for 81 or 82, but 81 was already underway, so I assume 82, anyone know what corps that might have been?

So this is a 2 parter 1) who is this senior corps, anyone know either player? and 2 - who did I set Zingali up with?

SeniorCorpandJuniorshowin80.jpg

Spirit 2002 July 4th Beverly, MA

Spirit2002BeverlyMA.jpg

OK, I'm sorry I did this, but if anyone wants to know what it's like putting your uniform on for your final- finals prelims performance, this may give a little window into that....sadness and intensity.....more sadness actually. I also have a shot about 10 seconds after this with Zingali and someone else talking to me, I believe at that point that we were going in there to finish our work and take prelims by about a point....at this late date 1 tenth would have been great!

Another very strange thing is that I can tell who everyone is by the back of their head.....I do not know who the gentleman caller is!! :wub: :P At first glance I thought Russ McKinnon, my old beau, he was there in Birmingham, but it's NOT him!

FinalPrelimPerformance.jpg

Hey, let an old lady indulge herself one last time!!! :wub:

Edited by LancerFi

Many more to come, I had a lot of pent up energy after taking my Athena to the Vet, they had to extract 2 teeth immediately, and after a sleepless night, I'm trying to make myself tired again!

Many of 1977. Slides must be reproduced! However I have many more prior to the slides being completed!

Slides must be reproduced!  However I have many more prior to the slides being completed!

That reminds me of an amazing Christmas gift from my dad. He took all the slides he'd ever taken of me, from the time I was born till I was in university, and then prints from then on until Rick and I got married, had the slides reproduced into photos, and then created a photo album for me with all of those pictures. It's basically the story of my life with my family. There are even several photos of me in Oakland in there. It's one of my most treasured possessions. I swear, if the house is ever burning down, that'll be one of the first things I try to retrieve!

That reminds me of an amazing Christmas gift from my dad. He took all the slides he'd ever taken of me, from the time I was born till I was in university, and then prints from then on until Rick and I got married, had the slides reproduced into photos, and then created a photo album for me with all of those pictures. It's basically the story of my life with my family. There are even several photos of me in Oakland in there. It's one of my most treasured possessions. I swear, if the house is ever burning down, that'll be one of the first things I try to retrieve!

That's truly a wonderful and thoughtful thing that he did, and what a gift....overwhelming. That's a great Dad right there!! :wub:

OK, I'm sorry I did this, but if anyone wants to know what it's like putting your uniform on for your final- finals prelims performance, this may give a little window into that....sadness and intensity.....more sadness actually.  I also have a shot about 10 seconds after this with Zingali and someone else talking to me, I believe at that point that we were going in there to finish our work and take prelims by about a point....at this late date 1 tenth would have been great!

Another very strange thing is that I can tell who everyone is by the back of their head.....I do not know who the gentleman caller is!!  :wub:  :P  At first glance I thought Russ McKinnon, my old beau, he was there in Birmingham, but it's NOT him!

FinalPrelimPerformance.jpg

Hey, let an old lady indulge herself one last time!!!  :wub:

That's an awesome picture Nancy! It let's the viewer get a glimpse of the "behind the scenes" of a champion color guard! :wub:

That's truly a wonderful and thoughtful thing that he did, and what a gift....overwhelming.  That's a great Dad right there!!  :wub:

Yup. When he did it, I was speechless. I'd asked for a few pictures, and he gave me this entire album. Pretty amazing!

By the way, I agree with Malibu. That picture of you changing into your uniform in the parking lot speaks volumes. You don't even have to describe it, because your face says so much. Thanks for sharing that!

Yup. When he did it, I was speechless. I'd asked for a few pictures, and he gave me this entire album. Pretty amazing!

By the way, I agree with Malibu. That picture of you changing into your uniform in the parking lot speaks volumes. You don't even have to describe it, because your face says so much. Thanks for sharing that!

I'm not sure if either of you remember the picture in the parking lot of the rifle line warming up-I had the bright yellow t-shirt on, well that was right BEFORE (edit) this.....that's way back in the beginning pages, sent especially for Rob H. way back when...

Thanks to both of you!

Edited by LancerFi

I'm not sure if either of you remember the picture in the parking lot of the rifle line warming up-I had the bright yellow t-shirt on, well that was right after this.....that's way back in the beginning pages, sent especially for Rob H. way back when...

Thanks to both of you!

Yes, I remember that photo....I think you had on a green & white head band and you were tossing in that photo....correct?