some old corps photos

Ladies and Gentlemen...the philosphy, the grit behind Blue Steel!!!

KarenB.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen...the philosphy, the grit behind Blue Steel!!!

KarenB.jpg

Come on...somebody's at the top of the photo, holding that straight. Nobody gets rotation that pure.

Man, that's good.

I thought Steve and Paula did go in July, but like you I don't remember for sure one way or the other.

Just as an fyi for those who weren't a part of it, many of the imports along with a few locals lived at a house that then director Don Wells was in the process of loosing, and at any given time there were about 20-24 of us living together in a 5 bedroom house with no furniture, no electricity, and eventually no water because no one worked, we just did drum corps 24/7. When Bobby Hoffman and RJO decided that they couldn't teach the drill to a 24 man hornline and shut us down, everyone at the import house left to go home or to other corps to try to march that year. The Freelancers sent a van down to meet us and ended up taking about half the drumline including Float and his girlfriend at the time, Patty Williams. I stayed behind and was the very last to leave the import house. I was the only one that marched with the VK that year, but I swear I remember watching BD and Steve having one of the solo's in 75.

Needless to say, being part of the Kingsmen in '75 was the most difficult drum corps experience I ever had. I marched first tour in 72 but wasn't able to go on 2nd tour and missed the chance to win the first DCI, and I came back to the corps in '75 to have this happen. But, with the opportunity to be a part of the KAC and be on the field with all these amazing friends both old and new, all those disappointments can be put to rest.

The bus leaves Wednesday afternoon at 3:00. If you miss the bus, you'll miss what I bet will be one of the highlights of all our adult lives.

kmen75.jpg

I remember that article. It was written by Patty Williams' mother. Patty marched guard captain in Summer 74 and Comp Guard 75 (she had marched in the flag line prior to that). I was also fortunate to room with her at our KAC Kamp a year ago! Brenda, Patty and I did a lot of reminicing (sp?) at that Kamp!

I had received a PM from Myron, who marched in 75 in the baritone line. He mentioned being great friends with Steve Beard, so you are probably right that he came up in July. It's all coming back to me now - I do remember him in the blue satin shirt :laugh: Paula didn't come up that year. I really don't remember her teaching us in 76 and it shows Brenda Bingham as the guard instructor (she was also guard captain). It shows her on staff in 77.

Anyways Greg, thanks for the memories and I'll see you tomorrow!

Edited by Vickie Kingsmen

Come on...somebody's at the top of the photo, holding that straight. Nobody gets rotation that pure.

Man, that's good.

Nope, nobody's holding her rifle! That is Blue Steel and I'm proud to be a part of the line! B)

I think a lot of your wishes will come true when you see our show!!!! It's not to be missed...

Have you bought your tickets for DCI Semi-Finals??????

I won't be going to Pasadena; I'll have to content myself with video.

Steve Beard did march 1975 BD - he had a Baritone solo in their opener, Space Shuttle.

Hello all. I haven't posted any pics in awhile. Up to now they have been mostly from old drum corps publications. I know I had some snapshots from the key to the sea show in the 80's so I went looking for them. I haven't found them yet but to my suprise I found some pics that I believe are from a Saginaw,MI show that I dont remember taking. Hopefully I have them labeled right. If not, I am sure you guys will let me know. But first, I thought some would get a kick out of this pic of my niece who is now over 21 and never marched drum corps. Enjoy!!!

AngelaWilliamswithriflearound1986.jpg

Bluecoats?

Bluecoats.jpg

Bluecoats

Bluecoats2.jpg

Bluecoats

Bluecoats3.jpg