Crusaders Alive and Well

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha,

jeff has a pattern of unconventional ways....but they do work i believe.....

lets keep recruiting!....im trying, another bari from medina for the next camp, cool beans. we are a couple short of our field numbers or dead on i believe....the more the merrier though.

Joey O.

Unconventional ways... I like that Joey. That's the nicest thing anyone has said about me since my wife told me I was a "REAL PIECE OF WORK". I'm not real sure what she meant.... but it sounds nice. :ph34r:

I shall give you a sticker at the next camp. You've earned it.

We Go On!!!

...with a staple gun or a sticker... your choice B)

Yo Jeff...

did you say you have a baritone player?

Joey has one at least and I have 2 more experienced ones coming to the next camp...oooiiiieee...that means low brass, in which we were worried about filling up, is over the minimum number.

Now we may need a mello-phone and possibly a lower trumpet player to be at our number for the field...hahaha, who would have thought this was possible with 7 horns at the first rehearsal.

But we will go out with more than our minimum, so keep working out there boys and girls!!!!

Donny

yah at the first camp we had only

2 1/2 Snares(1/2 is my dad cause we dont know what he is marching this year or if)

2 1/2 Basses (1/2 being Jeffs dad)

3 tenors

now we should have around

7 or 8 snares

3 or 4 tenors

5 basses

next we need a marching cymbal line :)

(from joe)

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

donny, my dad wants to know what year you tought brigs when they won we are judging 2000 DCA right now.

Joe,

That year was 1997 and the DCA winners were two corps, the one I left and I the one I went to. It ended in a controversial tie between two great corps, The Empire Statesmen and the Brigadiers.

Brigs won brass by a lot, and Empire won percussion by a lot, and the rest was a wash between GE and Visual captions. Thus the tie...

Tyrell played in Empires drum line that year.

OK back on track...we need more performers in our quest to bring the house down in DCA this at the Crusaders. We are on a mission here...

Donny

Yes DA... I have TWO good prospects on baritone. See? I told you we'd break the desired field number. I know for you and the rest of the staff, it's been a stressful and rocky road to get where we are. BUT I was always confident we'd make it because I've been sacrificing chicken wings and pouring ashes on my head while doing ancient voodoo dances.... but mostly just sacrificing chicken wings :ph34r:

(man... now i'm hungry...)

how can you sacrafice chicken wings? (from joe)

Good Jeff, then more than what we were hoping for will work well for me. We are not planning on turning anyone away that has the desire to compete.

Please don't forget the guard and drum line...the horn players are doing well at recruiting new members for our section, but there are two other sections that we should be trying help as well. The problem is there, until the winter season is over, we won't know what we have in either section.

I really want to rock the house at the St. Joe's Classic this year. Let people know that it is for real.

Keep it up!!!

WE GO ON

Edited by donnymusic

I had to bump so Brigs 2 recruiting threads weren't 1 and 2 on the front page <**>