Alliance Camp weekend

Another great weekend for the Class A corps from Atlanta...

1. The initial sunburn DOES go away after a few days.

2. Humidity is NOT your friend.

3. Water IS your friend.

4. Andy R is a rookie. "Where's my percussion music?" :)

5. Only 10 more pages and the drill is done. WOOHOO!!!

6. The Rockmart DCAS show is July 16th.

The corps felt the energy and kept the momentum going this past weekend to accomplish a lot of work.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've learned that sun screen works so much better when you apply it on to the skin rather than just say I brought sun screen!!!! Great delays at the airport! Both Atlanta and Baltimore!!! Plus a great near miss at 33,000 FT. Could see the yellow and white pinstipe on the black jet that flew over us.

10 pages to go.... thank God! wooeeeee

Fierce Grape Gatorade is da bomb. Ants like it too. I put some on the pavement and in an old Gatorade cap on the ground where I parked at work today to attract the little ######## back OUT of my car. I feel like one's on me. Is one on me!?!?!? *scratches* :P

Edited by Sir Tix-A-Lot

the capt. looked a bit weird when i ask ,,, "so how close was that plane at 33,000" capt: "what plane?"... me: "the one that flew over us on a 45 degree angle from front to back." capt: "what did you see"?... me: " a black plane with white pin stripes and yellow lettering above the windows!" capt: "OH,, he was at 34,000!!!"

are they suppose to be that close....? I thought more distance was required. We were only going 600 mph at the time (capt said it would take 20 min at 200 miles outa Baltimore) hope my math was right.

are they suppose to be that close....?  I thought more distance was required.  We were only going 600 mph at the time (capt said it would take 20 min at 200 miles outa Baltimore) hope my math was right.

To answer your question, we shall refer to the latest FAA guidelines:

The goal of RVSM (Reduced Vertical Safety Minimum) is to reduce the vertical separation above flight level (FL) 290 (that's 29,000 ft, for those of you who are not pilots or play one on TV) from the current 2000-ft minimum to 1000-ft minimum. This will allow aircraft to safely fly more optimum profiles, gain fuel savings and increase airspace capacity. The process of safely changing this separation standard requires a study to assess the actual performance of airspace users under the current separation (2000-ft) and potential performance under the new standard (1000-ft). In 1988, the ICAO Review of General Concept of Separation Panel (RGCSP) completed this study and concluded that safe implementation of the 1000-ft separation standard was technically feasible.

That said, close your window shutter and repeat to yourself "there's no place like ground - there's no place like ground." That's what I do, anyway.

Edited by Reilley AOA