Cadets have too much to say

We need to go faster.

Or change the rule.

Sorry... B)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I appreciate the explanation, why would you keep adding knowing full well that .2, .3, or if you're still adding, potentially .4 might cost you a placement or two this year?

While the response I may garner might say something like, "We're not concerned about placement."  I've talked to Hopkins enough times to know better!

:)

Overtime issue resolved. Some additions, some deletions, some adjustments/changes and - voila! - no more overtime!

Is it really necessary to come up with a start for a show that is confusing to both the judges and the fans?

Is that innovative?

Who's confused? :worthy:

Edited by ^Michael^

While I appreciate the explanation, why would you keep adding knowing full well that .2, .3, or if you're still adding, potentially .4 might cost you a placement or two this year?

While the response I may garner might say something like, "We're not concerned about placement."  I've talked to Hopkins enough times to know better!

:)

I'm confused. Are the Cadets still having issues with timing? I don't recall seeing timing penalties on the recaps for recent shows. Have I overlooked the penalties or have they succesfully addressed this issue?

I'm confused.  Are the Cadets still having issues with timing?  I don't recall seeing timing penalties on the recaps for recent shows.  Have I overlooked the penalties or have they succesfully addressed this issue?

No. This thread is old. The overttime issues were resolved almost two weeks ago.

My suggestion -- bring back the ol' starter pistol and have a guard member shoot it off at the moment when the judging is supposed to begin.

"Bump"

Elphaba

It seems to me that if the time keeper can't tell where the warm-up stops and show begins, it may be a design problem, and therefore the .3 was "deserved".

I like marching warm-ups, and I don't remember 100% how the timer determines the start of the actual show, but obviously the determining factor needs to be noticable to the timer.

Just yell "START TIME NOW" on the amps! :worthy:

YEAGuy wrote

"Last night, with our confusing opening, the time keeper started early -- therein making it a .3 penalty instead of the .2 we deserve."

OK, somebody help me out with this one. I always thought the timing was determined by the rules. Meaning......from the time the T&P judge pointed to the drum major and says 'Go', the corps would have a pre-determined amount of time to get on the field, set up, warm up, and start their show. I recall they used to hold up 2:00 or 1:00 warning signs for the GE judges. It used to be that at the end of that 3 minutes judging would start, ready or not. Wasn't it the Madison Scouts that took a huge penalty for being late getting on the field. The story was that when the announcer asked "Is the corps ready", they were not even in the starting set.

So why is it now that a corps is allowed to tell the T&P judge when to start judging? Or maybe the rules do not apply to certain corps? Power and influence works in many ways.