Blast! (the show) Where to sit?

The Blast! tour is coming to my town in September and I'm getting ready to get my tix and I'm wondering where I should sit. I'm thinking balcony so you can see the "drill", but I dunno. Anyone who has seen it got an opinion?

Also, anyone know the (drum corps) backgrounds of anyone on this year's tour?

Thanks,

Bart

I always sat up high so i could see more. Plus it's cheaper usually.

The only benefit of sitting closer is that it is louder. However, with all of the amps they use...*gulp* hearing them is not a problem.

When Blast came to Boston, we sat in the 5th row front. What a sound and the visuals from that angle were awesome, espically when they spread through out the audience. I think you will enloy it no matter where you sit. The show is so well choreographed, also very high energy to boot.

:) ENJOY...

Edited by bobk9258

I'd try for something like a high-middle. With Blast, its good to be up high so that you can see the drill, but you also want to be close enough to be able to see facial expressions and stuff. They sell a lot of their show and the emotion behind the 'story'/theme by using facial expression and stuff (since its easier in a smaller stage environment than on the football field.)

there really isn't a "bad" seat, but if it were me, I'd try to get close to the middle of the lower section... maybe an aisle... so I could high five a few people. :)

But really, if you got the money, see it once high up and once close up... VERY different shows you're seeing at both perspectives... trust me.

I've seen the show maybe 10-12 times from different vantage points and truly, it depends on the theater. If the lower level has a steep rake, the middle of the first floor will let you see everything you'd want to see and let you feel really connected to the show. The drill is wide open so you can tell what it looks like, anyhow.

The lower level gives you the dizzying effect of the speed that they move. Plus, you'll get the antiphonal effect of how they place soloists around the theater, including in the balcony. You'll also marvel more at the use of elevation with one soloist (don't want to give it away if you haven't seen it) and the stacking of the percussion pods.

Part of the joy of witnessing the show live is turning around to see where soloists are located and to also experience the surround-sight of banners, especially in the closing piece.

So does anyone know if they are basically doing the same show (i.e. same music/drill) on this tour, or have they put together some new stuff?

Hey! I am in the cast this year and I can tell you that the BEST place to sit, if you can shell out the bread is front row of the lower mezzanine on the "50". You get the best sound and best view.

The show the same as it ever was, just with a slightly smaller cast. The drum corps backround of this cast is pretty diverse. And although I do not know most of the new cast members yet, I hear that this cast is uber talented and this tour plans to be pretty spectacular!

I hope to see a lot of you on the road! I will be easy to spot. I am the French horn feature and of the two, I am the only guy!

Cheers!