Has SCV become the new Madison this year?

OK, so Vanguard is having a rough year, every corps has them !! They'll snap back next year, it's not a big deal.

However, let's give some of the other corps credit for catching up to them. Let's face it, the face of DCI is changing and it's starting at the top. With corps like Bluecoats, Carolina Crown and yes even Madison Scouts making a climb for the top, something has to give. So SCV has a bad year, what other corps has been in the finals EVERY year since DCI started in 1972?? NOBODY!!!

So what if their finding it tough to stay on top, there are more players now too !!

As for SCV this season, they are getting a lot of positive vibes, but not in the same way Madison was in 2001 and 2002.  People got on RAMD and said, "MADISON IS GETTING JOBBED!"  Even though posts are mostly positive, I think that SCV-backers realize they are deserving of their current placement and aren't ripping the judges.

I hadn't thought of that, but it appears to be true. One of the most annoying things around Madison's fall from finals was the people complaining about DCI screwing over the Scouts when it was quite clear when you looked at their shows that there were some major problems in the organization and show design. (Both the 1998 and 1999 shows foreshadowed it, imho.)

Most of this year's SCV comments are more "I can't believe it's happening!" than a conspiracy.

And as I said in the podcast, wouldn't the inclusion of Crown/Boston/Bluecoats as worth competitors to the usual Top 5 be a good thing for the activity?