Update from the UK

Thought I'd give people a bit of an update from the UK.

In DCUK the Senators, from Eastleigh remain undefeated after the first 5 shows, of which they were at 4. In 2nd place and improving well are the Kidsgrove Scouts, from Kidsgrove.

Results and recaps from the latest DCUK show, Leicester

In the British Youth Band Association things are close at the top in division one between the current leaders, Northern Star, from Leeds and the Forgemen, from Sheffield. BYBA's top division has oinly 4 corps competing in it and the four corps have met only once, in the most recent show in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, where Northern Star, the reigning champions came out on top.

Results from the latst BYBA show, Academy Magic

Recaps from Academy Magic

In Drum Corps Europe the latest show was in Kortrijkt, with special guests the Blue Devils. From the European contingent Beatrix, from Hilversum, NL, came out in front, beating their close rivals Jubal, from Dordrecht, NL, by just over a point.

The Brits are also represented in Europes top 5 by Kidsgrove Scouts at 3 and Northern Star at 5 although 3-5 are very close and Northern Star rceived penalty points which lost them a place.

The 2nd half of the season opens up on September 3rd with a DCE show in Dordrecht, NL, then DCUK on 4th at Grantham Town, UK and in BYBA also on the 4th in Baghurst, Hants.

I gave props to the Senators and their continuing undefeated streak on my last podcast.

:D