Most memorable competition moment?

Back when there was no such thing as a tie and the DCM championship was a big deal, they announced that Regiment & Scouts had tied for first place.  Then they immediately announced that both corps would perform their shows again in a "run-off" to crown a champion.  The performances that both corps pulled off after that were UNREAL!  Regiment ended up winning, but being there for the whole experience was what was amazing.

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

DCI needs to make a rule like this for ties!!! Play a "run off." Can you imagine the sheer intensity?!?!?!?!?!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few :

Sacramento '94 : Only the second drum corps show I had seen live, the Blue Devils blew me away

Madison '96 : Regiment in the rain - 'nuff said

Orlando '96 - standing behind Kristi Spear's podium watching Regiment's encore. What a moment!

Denver '99 - SCV - they came out on fire!

Boston '99 - We (Regiment) threw down a sweet percussion performance. Charlie Poole gave us a 9.5 and said we were the best Regiment drumline he's ever seen. Too bad we got dumped after that.

Maryland '00 - My Finals performance with Regiment. We threw down a great show in drums. 18.9, 4th place in drums ahead of SCV/BD

That's it.

Of all of these, seing Regiment perform in a complete downpour in Madison '96 is to this day the best drum corps show I have ever seen. Unbelievable! Was anyone else there to witness that?

Musical moment I was involved in:  The cutoff at the end of Clair de Lune on Finals Night 1994, as I realized my drum corps career was coming to an end.  Probably one of the few good things that came out of me being drum major.

Also my favorite moment ever performed. Turning to the backfield, in absolute dead silence, and seeing the moon back there. Heck, yes. You can't write that any better.

Musical moment I was involved in:  The cutoff at the end of Clair de Lune on Finals Night 1994, as I realized my drum corps career was coming to an end.  Probably one of the few good things that came out of me being drum major.

Oh yeah. PR's "Clair de Lune" was (IMO) one of the most beautifully gorgeous moments I've ever experienced as a spectator.

Sigh... Is ANYBODY still designing moments into their shows that wash over you like that?

Thanks for reminding me of that show...