photography

The short answer to your question is yes, spectators are still allowed to take pictures at DCI events for personal use. However, any "public" display of those pictures down the road would require permission from DCI or the corps in the pictures. Check out the following link to an article on DCI's website which clarifies most of the common questions:

Clarification of DCI photo policy -- an FAQ

The short answer to your question is yes, spectators are still allowed to take pictures at DCI events for personal use.  However, any "public" display of those pictures down the road would require permission from DCI or the corps in the pictures.  Check out the following link to an article on DCI's website which clarifies most of the common questions:

Clarification of DCI photo policy -- an FAQ

WRONG!

You can post the images as you please. You just cannot sell them.

WRONG!

You can post the images as you please. You just cannot sell them.

yeah, that was my understanding.

~>conner

And your camera cannot look too expensive. :blink:

Here's a personal email response I received from DCI back in late June.

<<Unfortunately, posting images on sites like Ofoto and Shutterfly is not permitted under the current policy. Where the issues arise is with large or small collections of corps images, especially on sites that allow full resolution images to be downloaded or purchased. This becomes a direct conflict with our agreement with Jolesch Photography. We would not have an issue if they were single images of a family member or friend, but general images of one or more corps changes the dynamics.

I hope this makes sense and that while you're welcome to snap photos of DCI events, that you will not post a collection of corps images to a public site. >>

Btw, Jester has posted pictures I submitted to them from the California State Open. Check it out here. They are the first 4 shown.

Edited by Wildabeast