Allentown - Regional

Can someone explain the Allentown Regional to me? The corps are split over two nights but the judging panel is supposedly the same for both nights. Are these considered two separate shows to the judges or is it ONE regional with the scores reflecting the standings of all corps over the two nights ranked against each other? As usual, I am confused. :blink:

What you will see is an extremely almost surgical placement of corps from Friday night which will have little to do with how they actually perform tonight. Cadets will keep the at least .50 margin over Cavies, Phantom will gain on Cavies but not pass them, Scouts who have stalled will stay at or below 91 keeping them a hair beneath BCoats.

Sorry folks, I simply hate todays judging criteria which by this time of the season almost completely ignore performance and simply reward design. The only thing that might cause some movement is some last second change which was suggested by a visual judge.

Edited by dans24103

Maybe the pressure on judges for this event is on overload, since there was little movement in scores Friday, compared to scores earned recently. <**>

I'm thinking these judges tried to be conservative and keep a little wiggle room in their caption scores Friday so the Saturday competitors would not be disadvantaged. We shall see. But, if one or two corps really pick it up and show major improvement tonight, perhaps they will get rewarded.

What you will see is an extremely almost surgical placement of corps from Friday night which will have little to do with how they actually perform tonight.  Cadets will keep the at least .50 margin over Cavies, Phantom will gain on Cavies but not pass them, Scouts who have stalled will stay at or below 91 keeping them a hair beneath BCoats.

Sorry folks, I simply hate todays judging criteria which by this time of the season almost completely ignore performance and simply reward design. The only thing that might cause some movement is some last second change which was suggested by a visual judge.

So that sounds like what will happen tonight in New hampshire also! There are 2 shows in Manchester, tonight and tomorrow night and you're presuming that the corps who do the first show will get the judges advantage?

What you will see is an extremely almost surgical placement of corps from Friday night which will have little to do with how they actually perform tonight.  Cadets will keep the at least .50 margin over Cavies, Phantom will gain on Cavies but not pass them, Scouts who have stalled will stay at or below 91 keeping them a hair beneath BCoats.

Unfortunately.. that's how I see it too.. :( It would be nice if we were wrong.