Worester,Ma.

I'm not going to get into fairness about scoring because I haven't gotten to see SCV at all this summer, but after seeing BAC's show I'm happy for their score tonight! Tonight put them ahead of Crown's latest score as well.... ^_^

Sigh...O.K. Since I was at neither show, then I really can't say who deserved what. Besides the fact that I'm not particularly happy with how SCV is doing this year, (I still support my Brothers and Sisters wholeheartedly though), I am glad to see other corps coming up in the world. S'bout time actually. Heck, I remember when it was a big thing for US to beat Boston back in the day. Hope they are enjoying this time as well.

'Twill be an interesting Finals, to be sure...

Sigh...O.K.  Since I was at neither show, then I really can't say who deserved what.  Besides the fact that I'm not particularly happy with how SCV is doing this year, (I still support my Brothers and Sisters wholeheartedly though),  I am glad to see other corps coming up in the world. S'bout time actually. Heck, I remember when it was a big thing for US to beat Boston back in the day.  Hope they are enjoying this time as well. 

'Twill be an interesting Finals, to be sure...

DCP should have more people like you! :)

Thanks! ^_^

Soooo, in less than 24 hours, Boston jumps 2.15 and SCV jumps .80 compared to  Allentown (BC 87.75, SCV 87.25). Was Boston really that BAD at Allentown?  Sorry, I know that BC has the capability of beating SCV this season, but I have a VERY hard time accepting this kind of scoring...it just seems so...wrong :worthy: .

If you can't accept the judges scoring, then don't sweat it. Just don't accept it. I was at the Worcester show today, and the SC Vanguard was VERY entertaining. I gave up long ago trying to figure out the judges scoring. SC Vanguard does not have the visual design, with sufficient visual complexity, this year to advance into the top 6 or so. That said, I thought that musically they were very entertaining. More so, in fact ,than in previous years when the judges actually had them placed higher overall. The Blue Knights were closer to SCV than SCV was to the Boston Crusaders, according to the overall judges score. I wouldn't disagree with that today. That said, I enjoyed SCV's Russian Christmas Music Theme this year, and even thought the ending was every bit as good as that played by SCV in the late 80's as their opener. SCV has a very solid percussion line, and overall the Corps still exudes the class one has come to expect from this Corps. This year's show will be played by me with a download for sure, as it is very pleasing to the ear in my opinion.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

No lights.

The scheduling of the East Coast Classic during the day had to do more with that fact that if it had been at night, the scores would've been announced way past my bedtime. Thank you Dan Greer for taking my situation into consideration and thanks to John Lyons for the ride from East Boston. I would've loathed having to take the MBTA commuter rail from North Station to Worcester.

Soooo, in less than 24 hours, Boston jumps 2.15 and SCV jumps .80 compared to  Allentown (BC 87.75, SCV 87.25).

SCV seemed to have improved at Allentown, but keep in mind that they performed on a different night than both BK and Boston. Yeah, the panel was the same, but since it was on different nights it's not as solid as it would be had they competed head-to-head.