Quarterfinals Order

If you do the math, Southwind still comes out ahead of Mandarins. <**>

I actually called and spoke with someone at DCI about the lineup. He couldn't figure it out either. Took my name and number and is supposed to call me back. I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by SWMom

ahhh, scv beats bk all season and still has to perform before them because of a few scores where they weren't head to head. lol, that's just hilarious. guess they'll just have to go out there, rock the house(like always), and show dci there's a lot wrong with how they figure the order here. B)

As they should anyway. No use crying over spilt milk, as they say.

If you do the math, Southwind still comes out ahead of Mandarins. <**>

I actually called and spoke with someone at DCI about the lineup.  He couldn't figure it out either.  Took my name and number and is supposed to call me back.  I'm not holding my breath.

I hope they do get it straightened out. But in the meantime there are a lot of SW family and friends left hanging on whether to go to the cinecast or not. As I'm sure a lot of Mandarins family and friends might go buy tickets only to have them not be shown (if the order is changed).

Either way, people are going to be upset.

This was my reply to you in the other thread, DCIMelloMom...

... Would we be having this discussion if quarters weren't televised?

Like I said earlier, I don't think the goals for ANY of the these corps was to make the cinecast. It was to hopefully make semis and then finals.

I can't speak for SW, but as for me, I'd rather make semis then worry about the cinecast. I'm sorry your family and friends who bought tickets expecting to see SW won't see them. I would've like to have seen them, as well as the Troopers and PC. If you ask me, that was the wrong reason to buy them because, as we found out, there were no guarantees on who was going to make it. I'm going because I want to see all the corps that will be televised, not just one.

And I highly doubt you'll see DCI changing the order of performance because some don't like the placements that were announced. All the directors approved the rules before going in, it's too late to change them for this season

This was my reply to you in the other thread, DCIMelloMom...

And I highly doubt you'll see DCI changing the order of performance because some don't like the placements that were announced. All the directors approved the rules before going in, it's too late to change them for this season

I dont think anyone was asking DCI to change the rules. If 'the rules' were to place the corps in order based on their averages for last week, and people have done the math and Southwind's average was higher than Mandarin's, then the question of order is a fair one.

But as I said before, good luck to all the corps. Whatever the order is, they will all put on a great show and I can't wait to see them all. :)