Just For Fun

OMH

Just for fun, consider:

What do you think the outcome would be if, at Div.II Finals, the order of appearance was reversed?

Would it affect the scores?

Since all judging is absolute (not relative), I would guess the outcome would be the same.

Any other opinions?

Come on, you know you wanna play.

Edited by OMH

Just for fun, consider:

What do you think the outcome would be if, at Div.II Finals, the order of appearance was reversed?

Would it affect the scores?

Since all judging is absolute (not relative), I would guess the outcome would be the same.

Any other opinions?

Come on, you know you wanna play.

In theory you are right: everything would be the same. But in a system of judging like we have here in DCI its hard not to have the small effects of relative comparison creep up.

In theory you are right: everything would be the same.  But in a system of judging like we have here in DCI its hard not to have the small effects of relative comparison creep up.

It was interesting that on Aug 7th, Blue stars and fever got 89 scores and OC, Impulse, and teal got 90's. The 89 scores were at one show and the 90's at another show. Putting them altogether at prelims and OC fell below Blue stars and Fever.

I sorta think it does matter what show AND what order. It just seems strange that between Blue stars and OC on the 7th, there was almost a point difference with OC ahead, and at prelims there was about a 5 point lead with Blue stars ahead. What is that all about? :rock:

just seems strange that between Blue stars and OC on the 7th, there was almost a point difference with OC ahead, and at prelims there was about a 5 point lead with Blue stars ahead.  What is that all about? :rock:

Good question...what do you think?

I think about the reverse order, there is a good chance that there would be some shuffling of scores and corps - assuming each judge does not already have in their mind a rank of where the corps should be placed.

Edited by BigSev

It was interesting that on Aug 7th, Blue stars and fever got 89 scores and OC, Impulse, and teal got 90's.  The 89 scores were at one show and the 90's at another show.  Putting them altogether at prelims and OC fell below Blue stars and Fever. 

I sorta think it does matter what show AND what order.  It just seems strange that between Blue stars and OC on the 7th, there was almost a point difference with OC ahead, and at prelims there was about a 5 point lead with Blue stars ahead.  What is that all about? :rock:

The topic was about reverse order... not about different competitions.

How many times do you hear people say "you can't compare scores across competitions?"

They say it for a reason.