Five Random Thoughts from Tonight

1) SCV has to be the best 9th place show ever. Guess it's just the overall improvement of drum corps year after year.

2) Speaking of year after year -- Bluecoats just keep getting better and better, but they can't seem to get out of 6th. Hard to say who shouldn't be above them, but geez the overall competition is tough!!!

3) Phantom -- yikes. I've heard this described as the best Phantom show ever and it's hard to argue. Will I be delighted if they manage to take the title on Saturday? You betcha. Will I be disappointed if they don't? Absolutely not. Just sit back and enjoy the show!!!

4) Cadets -- Show? Awesome. Pants? Weird looking. :P

5) Cavies and Cadets -- Is this what it's come to? The insane drill isn't enough? Now you have to prove that you can do it through props? (Fictional conversation with Cavies drill designer -- "Sure your guys can do a shrinking cocentric circle while marching backwards, but can they do it while avoiding ... oh, I don't know ... say eight ladders set up behind them?")

Edited by Liam

5) Cavies and Cadets -- Is this what it's come to? The insane drill isn't enough. Now you have to prove that you can do it through props? (Fictional conversation with Cavies drill designer -- "Sure your guys can do a shrinking cocentric circle while marching backwards, but can they do it while avoiding ... oh, I don't know ... say eight ladders set up behind them?")

I've been reading all season about Cavaliers doing their Fire scene and then "leaving" the ladders on the field for the rest of their show, perhaps as if it were somehow difficult to get them off. My take from watching the show tonight is that the ladders in the closer represent the great Chicago skyline. Did anyone else take it that way?

That is correct.

(Fictional conversation with Cavies drill designer -- "Sure your guys can do a shrinking cocentric circle while marching backwards, but can they do it while avoiding ... oh, I don't know ... say eight ladders set up behind them?")

Truly, such is the "price" of evolution and necessary reinvention.

(Fictional conversation with Cavies drill designer -- "Sure your guys can do a shrinking cocentric circle while marching backwards, but can they do it while avoiding ... oh, I don't know ... say eight ladders set up behind them?")

:ph34r::wall::wall::wall::wall::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that is just what I needed to get me into going to work band camp today.

Edited by boilerman_05

1) SCV has to be the best 9th place show ever. Guess it's just the overall improvement of drum corps year after year.

2) Speaking of year after year -- Bluecoats just keep getting better and better, but they can't seem to get out of 6th. Hard to say who shouldn't be above them, but geez the overall competition is tough!!!

3) Phantom -- yikes. I've heard this described as the best Phantom show ever and it's hard to argue. Will I be delighted if they manage to take the title on Saturday? You betcha. Will I be disappointed if they don't? Absolutely not. Just sit back and enjoy the show!!!

4) Cadets -- Show? Awesome.  Pants? Weird looking. :P

5) Cavies and Cadets -- Is this what it's come to? The insane drill isn't enough? Now you have to prove that you can do it through props? (Fictional conversation with Cavies drill designer -- "Sure your guys can do a shrinking cocentric circle while marching backwards, but can they do it while avoiding ... oh, I don't know ... say eight ladders set up behind them?")

I have seen some great Phantom shows over the last 45 years or so but this is by far my favorite. As far as I am concerned, they are the 2005 champions. it was awsome to watch them on the big screen last night, better than being there.

I have seen some great Phantom shows over the last 45 years or so but this is by far my favorite. As far as I am concerned, they are the 2005 champions. it was awsome to watch them on the big screen last night, better than being there.

I have to agree. This is the best Phantom show I've ever seen.... I also really enjoyed Crossmen,Madison,Bluecoats,SCV,Boston,Cavies. These corps really seemed to have gone the way of entertaining the paying customer. What a great over all show last night :ph34r:

Anybody here knows what happened to the real BlueDevils?