Semi-Finals Review

Okay, first off, this is my first review ever, so bare with me! Secondly, I am only reviewing 9 corps. Hope you like it.

Crossmen: How I loved this show. Yes it was very dirty visually, but the hornline blew me away. Radar Love rocked the house and everybody got into it. I like the fact that the show can be themed (love story), but doesn't need all the crap in it to make it seem more like a broadway show. Gaurd was good, didn't really notice the drums though, to be honest. Loved the part where the whole corps came into the pit and jammed. Awesome!

Spirit: While watching the first half of this show, I was thinking to myself why they are beating Xmen by 2.5 points?? To me, the first half of the show was just as visually dirty as Crossmens, but they cleaned it up in the 2nd half. I don't think it had as much G.E. as a Spirit show usually does, but not bad. I'm glad I stayed around and watched.

Crown: Ahh the hornline. Beautiful arrangements played by a warm and lush line. Very impressed. No complaints whatsoever. The gaurd played into their G.E. a lot, IMO, but in a good way. All around a 'feel-good' show.

Crusaders: Loved the tunes, hated the arrangements. I know this was a home crowd and everyone was nuts just at the name, but the whole corps seemed to be holding back. Like many other people have said 'Ode to Joy' was very watered down. The hornline just seemed very nonchalant, good, but relaxed and not really into it. Decent show.*

Bluecoats: Liked the show much more than I thought. Though some of the music was unheard of to me, I found myself still rocking along with it. Glad the drumchant thing was done undertone and could barely hear it. Drumline was rocking and the sop line was AMAZING. I dont know why they dont show them off more??? Overall good show.*

Scouts: I hate to say this, but, Scouts have lost energy! When I saw them back in Normal, they were rocking the place nonstop!! This time around, the show seemed short and bland, coulda been a bad show, and I hope it was too. Gaurd was good though, they have made serious improvements over the last couple of years. I was glad to see that Carmen's stay on field has been shortened, or at least it seemed that way to me.*

BD: Decent show, great hornline but they are refusing to show it off. That boils my blood more than anything when a great hornline barely plays. Could barely hear their "announcer", thank god. It was rather unpleasant to sit through, knowing that he was talking. BD just needs to go back to the 80's and play what they are known for, Jazz and Blues. Drumline seemed to be smoking, though. And another thing, does anyone else seem to notice that over the last couple of years they have been trading drill for music? Last year, they chose music, and had very little if any drill. This year, they have some interesting drill, and less music. I think if they combined the two for next year they could take it all!!

Phantom: Can't say anything bad, umbrellas in the beginning add to G.E. even before they start! Loved the whole show, warm horn line, especially sops and contras. Can't complain about drill, because they have it this year!! Drumline seemed to be rocking as well. Nice show Phantom!

Cadets: Better everytime I hear them. Cleaned up a bunch, and deserve to be in #1 spot. As much as I love Phantom's show, Cadets have it all wrapped up. Love Liquid more and more everytime I see it. Can't wait to see the show from higher up tonight. Hornline was tight and sparkly clean, even though they lost to the Cavies. Drumline is absolutely fabulous. Sounds like a 01-03 line. Doing tough stuff and doing it good!

*= Saw it from the side, incredibly dirty, especially the lines. Bluecoats were especially bad as far as lines, every single time someone was out of step, yikes! Boston had terrible marching ethics, out of step the whole show. Scouts were dirty too, but not as bad as Bcoats.

Oh, and did anybody find that annoucer/interviewer annoying as all h*ll?? He seemed to be trying to get everyone to talk about what they absolutely did not want to talk about. Boo to DCI.

Hope you enjoy.

edited for 9, instead of 6. Sorry, in a big rush. I hope the person that said that this was informative wasnt being sarcastic!

Edited by yabetterbelieveit

he said he wasn't reviewing everyone

No...he said he was only reviewing 6 corps, but yet he reviewed 9 of them.

Too bad too.......what he had to say about those 9 corps as semi's was very informative. I wish he had reviewed the exhibition corps a well!!!! :worthy: