Official Finals Discussion Thread

To hear some of these people whine and bi##h, you'd think it cost $500 (or else they are all living off the minimum wage from thier Burger King Asst Mgr gigs)!

/asbestos suit on

<**> <**> <**> <**> ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Boy, I've seen alot of junk ,, rude posts ,,,,,, stupid posts, (which I have many) BUT this piece of work has to be the all time winner for the most idiotic statement of the year. This freakazoid gets my vote in the where the #### have they been all their life. <**> <**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well kids its been a hoot. What can we say after the season ends. Till next year, when we can yell and scream about finals outcomes, hope our favorite makes it into the top 12 , 17 , or 25. bash DCI , Continue our hate, or some of us anyway for singing on the field , hope AMPS dont take over the pure sound of drums and bugles, and will jump of a cliff when the woodwinds or saxaphones make it onto the field. ( God, Cadets won ,,Hoppy will be pushen harder then ever :( But anyway ,,its all over , nothing can be done.

Congrats to all the marching members, staff, volunteers, and anyone else who makes DRUM and BUGLE Corps the unique entity it is.

I'm getting ready to hybernate, in the Michigan winter, cut fire wood and watch my old tapes from the 60s , 70s and 80s,,, of DRUM CORPS ,, till the next season.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind?

And days of auld lang syne. And days of auld lang syne, my dear,

And days of auld lang syne.

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,

And gie's a hand o' thine;

We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,

For auld lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne,

For auld lang syne.

Over and out. Wooooorkenstiffffy

:worthy: :P :worthy::ph34r::worthy: :) :) :)

Well kids its been a hoot. What can we say after the season ends. Till next year, when we can yell and scream about finals outcomes, hope our favorite makes it into the top 12 , 17 , or 25. bash DCI , Continue our hate, or some of us anyway for singing on the field , hope AMPS dont take over the pure sound of drums and bugles, and will jump of a cliff when the woodwinds or saxaphones make it onto the field. ( God, Cadets won ,,Hoppy will be pushen harder then ever  :(  But anyway ,,its all over , nothing can be done.

Congrats to all the marching members, staff, volunteers, and anyone else who makes DRUM and BUGLE Corps the unique entity it is.

I'm getting ready to hybernate, in the Michigan winter, cut fire wood and watch my old tapes from the 60s , 70s and 80s,,, of DRUM CORPS ,, till the next season.

And never brought to mind?

And days of auld lang syne. And days of auld lang syne, my dear,

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,

And gie's a hand o' thine;

For auld lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne,

For auld lang syne.

Over and out. Wooooorkenstiffffy

:rock:  :P  :rock:  :rock:  :huh:  :)  :)  :)

Where have I heard that song before????

Congrats to all the corps this year!!!!! Hope the ESPN 2 broadcast will do it justice when it is aired.

WWBD

To hear some of these people whine and bi##h, you'd think it cost $500 (or else they are all living off the minimum wage from thier Burger King Asst Mgr gigs)!

/asbestos suit on

<**>  <**>  <**>  <**>  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^

Boy, I've seen alot of junk ,, rude posts ,,,,,, stupid posts, (which I have many) BUT this piece of work has to be the all time winner for the most idiotic statement of the year. This freakazoid gets my vote in the where the #### have they been all their life.  <**>  <**>  <**>  <**>  <**>  <**>

actually, your post wasn't brilliant either.

~>conner

Good for you Jonathan ,, and I mean that ... BUT  if DCI wants to play with the big boys ,,and charge high ticket  prices ,, Passes for 39 bucks ( for 3 months  )  ok  yeah ,,,plus $1.99 for EVERY download ,, no pictures on their web site except the bottom  half of corps ( no disrespect to them )  well then they BETTER have the capabilities to deliver,, like the big boys . PERIOD

OK..they will do that when you learn the difference between a comma and a period... :rock:

PR was the only corps to get a standing O tonight, from what I could see.

This is a sad commentary on either the state of modern drum corps or the modern drum corps crowd.

I was unable to go to finals but was at semis Friday night, in the upper deck on the 20 yard line. Last time I had a seat that high was in 1980 at Birmingham. And I've only been to championships a few times in recent years (99, 02). Just for comparison, I only saw a standing O in the upper deck for Regiment this year in the upper deck, and about half the crowd on their feet for a few other corps at the end of their shows (Crossmen, SCV, Scouts, etc.). In 1980, every single corps had one where I was sitting at least once during or after their show, and sometimes multiple times.