Drum Corps Dreams

theres one dream that never changes too much that i have several times a year. usually its the first day of tour and i've realised that i woke up several hours late. i run to the field and join rehearsal, only to find that the staff had decided to change the show and had already taught the new music and drill to everyone and in 10 minutes we're loading up the busses to head off to our first show and i have to go out on the field as a punishment for waking up late.

then of course theres the nightmares of hearing a Dr.Beat at quarter note = 220 for circle drill

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some dreams come true.

Did anyone else notice at semi-finals in August when one of the Colts guard was late entering the field during their last competition? I saw the events from a distance (45-yard line to beyond the endzone), but it appears she couldn't begin the show because she didn't have shoes (or at least the right shoes). The Colts opened the show with her off the field. Then someone came running with shoes. She put them on, went the the back sideline and made her entry during the next number when guard moved to the back.

I don't think I dreamed any of this. I'm pretty sure it actually happened. Now what I wonder is does she have this dream over and over ...

HH

A little late in replying, but wow! I remember that so well. The guard girl who came on late sat across from me on the bus.. boy how I miss her now! There was something about her seat partner grabbing her shoes for her, and he didn't, or some such. So we get to changing into uniform 10 minutes to the stadium, she freaks out, so we freak out - at least the girls around us. Got my own stuff together, rush off to find a guard person - I think Jenny? Well, our bus driver Damien ended up pretty much racing back to the housing site, gets her shoes, and flew back to Gillette to give her her shoes. So she had them, but we didn't know if she could go on - since Ben had already saluted that the corps was ready.. took until Landworkers to be sure she could go on... I'm so glad she could march her final show. Myself and all who knew about it were praying hard all through warmup that she'd be able to march, somehow. Dunno if she still dreams about it... ahh, can't wait until banquet!

As for my own drum corps dreams... I have many, oh man. Constantly had them during the summer. Post summer, though, I think it's been every so often - usually when I watched corps or talked corps at some point the day before. I'll dream about being late, or getting cut this winter after completely bombing my audition piece.