Retreat At Finals

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my point though, if they went back to the orderly retreat exit of each corps going off then they wouldn't have to yell about getting off the field due to increasing cost because everyone would get off the field in a timely manner.  It takes longer for the corps to exit the new way then it did previously.

I had that same thought. And anyway, people don't necessarily need to have retreat back for every single regular-season show. But it really should be brought back for the major "Regionals" (or whatever they're called these days). That'd be what? Maybe half-a-dozen nights out of the whole season? ... not really enough to terribly impact your rehearsal hours.

And it's wonderful to read the following from a D1 marching member:

if i had to pick between a little more floor time, and retreat, i'd pick retreat. it was awful not seeing shows..... in '04 i had all the shows memorized by mid-season. i didn't even get to see them all this year, because after we performed we hiked back to the busses to load the truck and change. chilling in uniform in the stands with my friends and being a spectator was one of the perks.... it was a way to relax. plus, the retreat hijinx that used to go on made for good stories. this year, if there were enough corps on after us, we could try to go catch the cavies and buy some pizza, but a lot of the time we just sat around at the busses, ate the corps food, and waited for scores. boooring.

That's pretty much what I'd have imagined ... B)

Edited by Orpheus