Season Pass Frustration

ok.....ive been able to strea ONE show total since i got this.....anybody got any suggestions....

see error message below when i click to stream....it's never worked and all of a sudden this morning, it streamed a BD show with no problem....after i got done celebrating, i tried a different show and the same old problem started again.....

Safari can’t open the page “http://seasonpass.dci.org/audio/full_xkekb/2004/01_cavaliers.asx”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

ive sent the bug to apple..no help

ive sent the message to dci...no help

ive had my IT guy check over all settings...no help

ive enabled popups...no help

ive checked my version of WMP...its cool

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Eric

I've used it all summer with Safari on Jaguar with no probs. You might want to try dumping your copy of WMP and re-downloading and re-installing it. Perhaps some compatability issues between the version you're using and the Mac OS 10.4, issues that may have fixed in a newer version of the media player?

THIS IS ALL MICROSOFT'S FAULT!

And DCI for not using a more universal audio format :)

But I guess whatever's cheaper

But anywho,

WMP and streaming in an apple browser just don't seem to connect well. It more or less has to do with the version MS currently has out for WMP-Mac. So trying it in FF or IE-Mac won't do any good either.

If I were you, I would just do a direct download instead of trying to stream it (if that option is available).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

<**>

And I'm sure MS is evil, blah blah.  QuickTime is better?  Maybe good, as good, but better?  Care to 'splain that one Lucy?

It is in the sense that it is more universal than WMP. It supports more audio formats (some of which are better than WMA) than WMP and Apple keeps it up-to-date in both its Apple and Windows versions. Browsers also come with the QT plug-in pre-installed.

Edited by bari_benzo