pickles

I do not believe what people on this site post. We all have opinions. We all have individual truths. Do not tell me that mine is wrong. It is mine. THEREFORE...

The ship has been going down for a while. We bail enough water out to have occasional good years. I consider myself to be young in the drum corps activity (my first show was in 1985 - DCI MIDWEST - Eastern Michigan University) My first finals was Madison '87. With the way that I think those years (~85-89, 90?) were so incredible compared to what is being put out now, and what is being done to the activity, this is my understanding...

TAKE YOUR STUPID CRAP AND MAKE A BAND CIRCUIT.

YOUR GOING TO HAVE STRING PLAYERS ON REMOTE CONTROLLED MOBILE DRILL PLATFORMS SOON ENOUGH. I WILL CREATE A WONDERFUL WARMING BLAZE WITH YOUR CLARINETS AND CELLI.

YOUR GOING TO HAVE STRING PLAYERS ON REMOTE CONTROLLED MOBILE DRILL PLATFORMS SOON ENOUGH.  I WILL CREATE A WONDERFUL WARMING BLAZE WITH YOUR CLARINETS AND CELLI.

Okay, I'm going to call you out here.

Your opinion may not be wrong, but your approach could use a little work. We havn't seen woodwinds, strings or some of the other "stupid crap" passed that you refer to yet.

I, too, feel there are certain things that are less than pleasing to me personally about the idiom...but posts like this don't do that differing mindset any favors.

Every criticism most be couched in a solution in order for it to be taken with some measure of seriousness.

So, where and how do we proceed in your eyes in order to to make the activity what it once was to you? Be specific, and let's generate some discussion.

Edited by bawker

Bawker is always right.

Edit and if he's wrong the being right sucks big time.

Edited by TommySopranoContra

Well I like what you say 100%. :D

Go as far back as needed.

No pit. No valves. I don't care. Just not what it is now. I do believe that the amps thing will pass - it is just like the gigantic props craze of the mid-90's. That was dumb also.

Remember - this is my opinion. Thank you for telling me that my opinion is wrong.

I do not believe what people on this site post.  We all have opinions.  We all have individual truths.  Do not tell me that mine is wrong.  It is mine. THEREFORE...

The ship has been going down for a while.  We bail enough water out to have occasional good years.  I consider myself to be young in the drum corps activity (my first show was in 1985 - DCI MIDWEST - Eastern Michigan University)  My first finals was Madison '87.  With the way that I think those years (~85-89, 90?) were so incredible compared to what is being put out now, and what is being done to the activity, this is my understanding...

YOUR GOING TO HAVE STRING PLAYERS ON REMOTE CONTROLLED MOBILE DRILL PLATFORMS SOON ENOUGH.  I WILL CREATE A WONDERFUL WARMING BLAZE WITH YOUR CLARINETS AND CELLI.

With your "the sky is falling" schtick, should we call you "chicken little"? This drivel is no more fact based or classy in this thread than it was in the other one you polluted with it. <**>

Trolls like pickles? HMM interesting! :P