Div. I Non-Member Corps

Esperanza and Pacific Crest are the only Division I corps that are not "member corps".

1. Why? What do they have to do to become member corps?

2. What does that mean? Just that they don't have a vote on the BOD?

I've heard the term Regional Div. I status thrown around regarding these two, but, quite honestly, I have no idea what that means.

Can anyone clear this up for me? B)

Matt Elcock of On the 50 constantly talked about how Esperanza should be considered a "full" D1 corps since they participated in all of the major regionals this year (San Antonio, Indy, Allentown); an argument with which I agree.

Member Corps = top 21.  No vagueness.

The Regional D1 thing...  that's something else.

It can't just be top 21. Pacific Crest and Esperanza were BOTH in the top 21 in 2004 and 2005. But they are still not considered member corps.

Also the Troopers, Pioneer, and Kiwanis Kavaliers who have not been in the top 21 the past two years ARE listed on dci.org as member corps.

Edited by drumstix909

It may be that both Esp and PC will be considered Member Corps in 2006, and DCI hasn't changed the website yet.  It may be that they don't have to declare for a couple of months.

I'm not going to worry about it until Thanksgiving.

I'd suspect you're correct. I believe Southwind had to re-earn their member status during the 05 season due to the re-organization from MDBCA. By the time the website gets fixed, they will be members again.

Also the Troopers, Pioneer, and Kiwanis Kavaliers who have not been in the top 21 the past two years ARE listed on dci.org as member corps.

If you have been in top 21 a few times in a row (don't know the number) I believe you cannot fall out anymore. Pioneer was in top 21 from 1994 till 2001....

I know PC was the original "regional corps" which meant that they coup compete in the DCI-Pacific shows as a D1 corps without having to be a full touring corps.

In 2003, DCI allowed PC to compete at the world championships grtanted that they participated in at least 10 DCI sanctioned events, and I believe that is how PC is doing their game currently.

I'm sure Esperanzais in the same boat, but just deciding to include a similar tour as a member D1 group as part of the required 10 shows... who knows, Esperanza knows. I can only assume that it was their decision to participate in a full tour without it being deemed manditory by DCI. Full member next year? quite possibly. Would be rather cool :)