Syracuse Show Review

So Guards, Horns and Vis, it's all good, but what did you all think of the Drumlines?

Unfortunatly I don't know much about drumlines.. and since my bro marched.. he wasn't there to help me out.. but thank you for your imput.

Normally what sounds good to me.. sounds horrible to others.. when it comes to drum solos... I usually clap whenever one else does.. and hope not to make a fool of myself, HAHA :huh: I do know enough, that if there were not drums.. it wouldn't be as exciting... so I am glad they are in it.. and for that fact it wouldn't be called drum corps. :P but as I said in a previous post, im a guard guy... and with my dad and brother both being brass guys.. Ive learned a lot over the years, about a good brass lines... but drums.. i couldnt tell clean from dirty. BUT.. I know they they add a lot to the show.. and give a sense of intesity and can really help set a mood. But other then that.. I dont know much.

Anyway, sorry for the dragged out explanation. Thank you for your imput on the drumlines.

THAT's the right attitude!!!!    A top 10 spot would be icing on Cru's cake, for sure.  Best of luck to you guys!

Fran

THANKS!

still are there balance issues with us? i know one section maybe, but i would like to hear about if you think so...and i wont get defensive this time...lol

So Guards, Horns and Vis, it's all good, but what did you all think of the Drumlines?

at the end of the Brigs Performance, I thought they were going to beat both Empire and Bucs on the field, they just had much less dirt then the other two.

then I got to see the recaps, and ?????

But for the juges defense I got to say that those ensemble problems have to be hard to just ignore.

but they were cleaner and they play more up to date parts, in a very dated type show, it 's weird, I have said earlier in the season that I didn't like the Brigs show, I still don't (very boring) exept for the Drumsolo and the ending, but I do see that what they offer as far as percussion goes is very "up to date" anyway I like it better then eight notes diddle and similar paterns all thru the show.

Dave