Fav Open Show

Favorite Open Show  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Open Show

• U.S. Open
    • World Open
    • American-International Open
    • NT Open

Competed in all 3 in both "B" and "A" class. Greatest memory is 1969 (I think) competing in class "B" as a member of the I.C. Reveries at World Open. We were a small corps, even for "B", and we finished third behind the Oshkosh Warriors and someone else. There were no prelims that year. We sat through about a hundred corps and the scores were announced after everybody had performed. We beat a lot of local rivals, and I remember a corps called the Castlemen that had a male rifle who was tossing that sucker higher than the top of the stadium. I think they finished 5th. Anyone have scores from that??

Also, in 1973 we competed (badly) in the U.S. Open. We went on after Blue Devils. OMG

Wonder if that rifle was Greg Horne.

Well.....the truth was that Greg did not become a rifle until after he marched as a bari with 27th in 1976. Although he could spin very well then, 27th was still an all "female" guard and not about to change. Greg Horne went to North Star for the 77 season.

Correct! Greg was a baritone player with 27, and we never had a male guard member until '94 reunion corps when males were allowed in the rifle line. There were no males in the '94 alumni flag line.

Although I should clarify that we did have males in 1994 alumni honor guard. And, may I add, I have never seen a prouder honor guard than that one. Those folks took it with the seriousness it deserved, and they did a great job.

Although I should clarify that we did have males in 1994 alumni honor guard. And, may I add, I have never seen a prouder honor guard than that one. Those folks took it with the seriousness it deserved, and they did a great job.

we had males in the rifle line in '86.