WHY HASN'T A CORPS DONE RADIOHEAD YET

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to turn 50. Who is this Radiohead of whom you speak? I'm assuming a rock band...but what makes them field-transferrable?

Mike

Actually, they're not transferable. At all. Not conventionally.

Radiohead is a progressive rock band from Oxford. They hit it big in '93 with "Creep," a.k.a. That Song With The CHA-CHUNK Sound. Their 1997 album OK Computer is called the album of the 90s much as DSotM is of the 70s, indeed, they're a lot like Pink Floyd, whose music has been done by corps, I believe.

Anyway, their earliest work was mundane, Nirvana-meets-the-Smiths, but they've grown to incorporate Brian Eno, Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, et al. They're best described as rock tinged with jazz and vintage electronics.

Songs that could make the field:

"The National Anthem" tell me you can't imagine the big Mingus-style breakdown

"Idioteque" because it would be so unorthodox to import a techno song into drum corps, and challenging to do it with the instruments. It's been covered by a string quartet, so why not?

"Sit down. Stand up." might work, but the raindrops part might need rearranging.

"Kid A" is tempting for a pit feature.

"Paranoid Android" that section in 7/8 is gonna score with the judges

"Let Down" meh I dunno, it's pretty

"Fake Plastic Trees" prettier

"No Surprises" sad song

"Exit Music" sadder

"Life in a Glass House" is the only way it can end.

So hard to choose! but search for those songs

Their 1997 album OK Computer is called the album of the 90s much as DSotM is of the 70s, indeed, they're a lot like Pink Floyd, whose music has been done by corps, I believe.

Not to rain on your parade, but I think Nevermind will go down as the album of the 90's.

Not to rain on your parade, but I think Nevermind will go down as the album of the 90's.

Not by anyone who actually knows their music. :P

Actually, "The Bends" is a better album than "OK Computer," and I would put that one as one of the most important albums of the 1990s.

OKC and The Bends both trump Nevermind. Everyone jumps on OKC as bing Album Of The 90s, because it's all about struggling with technology, blah blah blah. And also, Radiohead comprises better musicians than Nirvana does.

Oh I got one: "Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box" would make a cool drum feature.

Edited by Studio Tan