Is it really an Alumni Corps if.....

GABA

True! You for example are an alumnus of the Dutch Boy Cadets. I’m a SCV alumnus. If I were to round up another thirty SCV alumni and you could gather twenty-nine Dutch Boy alums it wouldn’t be proper to call our corps the SCV Alumni Corps or the Dutch Boy Cadets Alumni Corps.

You're right but I'm sure we could come up with something!!!

How about the Santa Clara Dutch Boy!!

Do you wanna try it ???? b**bs J/k

I'm pretty dang sure I can come up with thirty members from Dutch Boy Cadets to join you and your fellow members !!! B)

Edited by ODBC

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I sometimes feel that the thread saying the Kingsmen were not the best corps in 19__ whatever has made it's way into this as a disguise.

And why do I feel that from what I've heard, alumni corps are still trying to do what we did in 94 and haven't come close-their words not mine has something to do with this? This was said by judges, fans, people that were are our enemies in the day. It has been said on tape, at DCI for all to hear, in print for all to hear and read. We had nothing to prove, Don Pesceone wanted us to stand on the 50 yard line and blow. Nope, couldn't do that.

It really doesn't matter to me who liked what we did, I enjoyed myself, the fans enjoyed us, you can call it the "fake alumni corps" for all I care, but to really have no respect what so ever for so many, it's just beyond belief.

You can be proud of a corps that has all alumni from just one corps, however it makes no difference to me if you do or don't. You win the gold for having all alumni that marched in a single corps, is that better? Wow...fabulous, truly fabulous.

However, it in no way lessens or will in no way lessen the 2007 Kingsmen or the 94 27th Lancers.

You can keep trying to get your "alumni" point across, however it IMHO is just starting to sound like sour grapes, as did the "The Kingsmen were not the best corps" blah, blah, blah.

Just a hypothetical here but when your corps comes from 3rd in prelims to 1rst in finals after a season where you were not on top or undefeated, it's because of the emotion and because the corps turned on, but if it's another corps, they were not the best corps.......it seems to be that way in more than 90% of your posts.

You can have your opinion/s, that doesn't mean they are correct or the rule.

I'm so sorry it had to come to this. But it's just so old now.

Edited by LancerFi

Why do I sometimes feel that the thread saying the Kingsmen were not the best corps in 19__ whatever has made it's way into this as a disguise.

And why do I feel that from what I've heard, alumni corps are still trying to do what we did in 94 and haven't come close-their words not mine has something to do with this? This was said by judges, fans, people that were are our enemies in the day. It has been said on tape, at DCI for all to hear, in print for all to hear and read. We had nothing to prove, Don Pesceone wanted us to stand on the 50 yard line and blow. Nope, couldn't do that.

It really doesn't matter to me who liked what we did, I enjoyed myself, the fans enjoyed us, you can call it the "fake alumni corps" for all I care, but to really have no respect what so ever for so many, it's just beyond belief.

You can be proud of a corps that has all alumni from just one corps, however it makes no difference to me if you do or don't. You win the gold for having all alumni that marched in a single corps, is that better? Wow...fabulous, truly fabulous.

However, it in no way lessens or will in no way lessen the 2007 Kingsmen or the 94 27th Lancers.

You can keep trying to get your "alumni" point across, however it IMHO is just starting to sound like sour grapes, as did the "The Kingsmen were not the best corps" blah, blah, blah.

Just a hypothetical here but when your corps comes from 3rd in prelims to 1rst in finals after a season where you were not on top or undefeated, it's because of the emotion and because the corps turned on, but if it's another corps, they were not the best corps.......it seems to be that way in more than 90% of your posts.

You can have your opinion/s, that doesn't mean they are correct or the rule.

I'm so sorry it had to come to this. But it's just so old now.

Exactly! :beer: Bravo Nancy and well put!

This thread is getting useless and is really turning into insults and isn't doing anyone any good.

Please- those who have a problem, move on...and don't think just because WHAT YOU think didn't constitute "alumni" matters to those of us who know what really went on in 94, or for the Kingsmen, I can't wait to see what they put together. Geez...it's getting old..is RIGHT! :beer:

Sour grapes!!! The only sour grapes belong to you. Your anti-SCV bias is very apparent! This thread is about the use and misuse of the word alumni. Oh and if your 3rd to first reference is about 74 you should be aware I was invited, and almost accepted, to march with Madison that year. I decided if I was going to march anywhere it would be with SCV and at that time I had no desire to march! In reality this thread has nothing to do with 2-7, the Kingsmen or any other corps. It has to do with what constitutes an alumni corps. As far as I’m concerned the subject is dead!

Exactly! :beer: Bravo Nancy and well put!

This thread is getting useless and is really turning into insults and isn't doing anyone any good.

Please- those who have a problem, move on...and don't think just because WHAT YOU think didn't constitute "alumni" matters to those of us who know what really went on in 94, or for the Kingsmen, I can't wait to see what they put together. Geez...it's getting old..is RIGHT! :beer:

Thank you my dear.

As you know, not that it matters to people that don't know, the staff was 27 alums or had taught the corps in the past. We did all of the work done from the beginning of the corps right up until the end. I believe on the field that night 95% of our uniforms spanned the corps 19 year history. It was "true" Lancer style.

I like seeing the corps put together wearing and doing what they did when they were alive. I'm not so sure if you're trying to do what corps' do now is exactly the idea. We were true to ourselves in uniform, performance, equipment work, drill, charts and so on.

I sometimes think that much of the crowd went crazy because of what we did and not how we did it. The ones yearning for those days may have been the loudest. At least that's what some of the old timers and legacy alums told me. It wasn't how but what we did.

I know Steph, that you now all of this, I'm just writing a chapter here! :beer:

And that's what I believe the Kingsmen are preparing to do. Be true to the era they were from. I'm still jumping out of my skin thinking about it. And to think - if any of us from 2-7 were able to do it, we both played Folk Song Suite. Next to Crown, that was my favorite OTL to march to during my years.....hmmm, I wonder if when they scrapped Donna Summers "Let's Dance", they were thinking, the Kingsmen won with this song....maybe we can turn it up a notch. Lucky for us we did in 80 and had our best finals position that year.

Edited by LancerFi

Sour grapes!!! The only sour grapes belong to you. Your anti-SCV bias is very apparent! This thread is about the use and misuse of the word alumni. Oh and if your 3rd to first reference is about 74 you should be aware I was invited, and almost accepted, to march with Madison that year. I decided if I was going to march anywhere it would be with SCV and at that time I had no desire to march! In reality this thread has nothing to do with 2-7, the Kingsmen or any other corps. It has to do with what constitutes an alumni corps. As far as I’m concerned the subject is dead!

:feednotroll:

Oh, you're so famous, as if I would know anything about what you, of all people were doing in 1974?? Get real. Then you mention Madison? What the #### are you even talking about?

No, I'm anti you! That is what is obvious. I never mentioned your corps by name in this thread but when I alluded to them it was in a good light although I'm beginning to wonder what they think of you! Maybe if you left 2-7 and Kingsmen out of your mouth, you'd have been better off.

Nothing to do with Kingmen, then why not pick another "alumni" corps to discuss? Your attempt to take it back now is a thinly veiled attempt, nevermind. After seeing some of your past posts, I promised myself I would not bother, I should have gone with my gut on this one, but I will be begin now.....the hand, talk to it!

This should be closed as I hate to keep

:P :P <**>

Edited by LancerFi

Thanks Dave. I'm done. I've said my peace.

Once again, another thread ruined by people with a chip on their shoulder looking for a fight. Topic closed. <**> <**>