Is there no beauty in drum corps any more?

No drum corps for me this year....was pretty discouraged after last year....wish DCA ran a circuit through So Cal....

Thank you for a useful post that is relevant to the topic at hand.

While it's been said already, I tend to agree with Dancer in the Dark, Canon in D, and I enjoyed Bluecoats version of Someday I'll Fly Away last year as well.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give you that not to tell you that you're wrong. I'm sure that you feel the way you feel, and in speaking for yourself you are absolutely right. Rather I give you that information to maybe point out that you can only speak for yourself. As many have pointed out in this thread, today's drum corps shows have plenty to offer, and plenty to enjoy.

No doubt, and I never purported to speak for anyone else....I just put forth questions. I get a lot of pleasure from being a drum corps fan. My experience this year just seemed different, and upon reflection lead me to the questions I asked.

Many will agree that, over the past 35 years, there are some universal moments in drum corps that even those relatively new to the activity are aware of, especially with the marketing of things like the Classic Countdown. What will I remember five years from now about 2005? Likely it will be D emerging as a judge from the door, or the fact that SCV lost so much of their staff early on and PR's Gershwin show (which was my personal favorite this year). Memorable for some is not for others.

What will you remember?