News! updated

It would be great if the organization could hire someone to do every little task. Hey I’ve got an idea! How about each one of you “experts” pool your resources and send in a donation, from now until forever, of a check for 50-60K per year? Since I don’t see that happening any time soon the director’s job will remain the same. It is certainly not an easy job, but it is what it is.

I’ve been friends with JW for over thirty years. I was a member of the BOD when he was hired. JW has some wonderful qualities, but it is highly unlikely he will ever be the director of SCV again. I would love to see him return to the SCV fold in some capacity.

From the limited information at my disposal I can tell you the BOD has been working very hard and are close to making an announcement. Many people including, boosters, alumni and paid staff are working to make the whole organization stronger. If you are truly concerned I once again invite you to join the Booster Club. You can find the application at scvanguard.org.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude , could you be any more bitter? I hope whomever SCV hires, be it Jeff Pearson, or someone else, doesn't have to deal with the interference of the board.

It would be great if the organization could hire someone to do every little task. Hey I’ve got an idea! How about each one of you “experts” pool your resources and send in a donation, from now until forever, of a check for 50-60K per year? Since I don’t see that happening any time soon the director’s job will remain the same. It is certainly not an easy job, but it is what it is.

I’ve been friends with JW for over thirty years. I was a member of the BOD when he was hired. JW has some wonderful qualities, but it is highly unlikely he will ever be the director of SCV again. I would love to see him return to the SCV fold in some capacity.

From the limited information at my disposal I can tell you the BOD has been working very hard and are close to making an announcement. Many people including, boosters, alumni and paid staff are working to make the whole organization stronger. If you are truly concerned I once again invite you to join the Booster Club. You can find the application at scvanguard.org.

Dude , could you be any more bitter? I hope whomever SCV hires, be it Jeff Pearson, or someone else, doesn't have to deal with the interference of the board.

What???? :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

Now i might be mistaken, but lets not confuse bitterness with passion. This would seem to be a fairly emotive subject and although emotion is what the performance on the field should evoke, the original reason for the thread was just to ascertain who people thought might be a candidate for the job, or whether anything had been resolved at SCV. Its difficult living this side of the pond especially when you are not involved in the activity anymore.

:worthy:

how much a does a Div 1 corps director get paid???? an average

I can't speak for all corps directors, however, a number of them aren't paid at all other than for out of pocket expenses. Others are paid a "token" amount which in no way actually reflects the amount of time (money) and energy it takes to do the job. Still others are considered paid, full time directors and draw an annual salary with fringe benefits including health insurance.

Now i might be mistaken, but lets not confuse bitterness with passion. This would seem to be a fairly emotive subject and although emotion is what the performance on the field should evoke, the original reason for the thread was just to ascertain who people thought might be a candidate for the job, or whether anything had been resolved at SCV. Its difficult living this side of the pond especially when you are not involved in the activity anymore.

You seem to be quite new to DCP, so I'm assuming that you haven't read very many posts written by the individual in question over the past couple of years ... B)

I have just been named the new Director of the Santa Clara Vanguard.

Congratulations to me.

My first act as director will be to select for our 2006 program:

Channel One Suite, with amped Gaelic narration.

in my opinion.......

the Vanguard needs people who worked with and around Gail Royer long enough to know what the Vanguard really is. Yes, every corps needs a great buisness manager as well, but tradition is a HUGE part of Santa Clara's mystique. I don't know if there is one person out there with all of those qualities, but my first choices would be Scott Pierson, or Rick South. or both.

Rich d.---eagerly awaiting the return of the Vanguard powerhouse.

You seem to be quite new to DCP, so I'm assuming that you haven't read very many posts written by the individual in question over the past couple of years ... B)

:worthy: