News! updated

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright folks, I've done some cleaning and reopened this thread.

In my opinion, the topic is fair game, but the leash for this thread will be very short. Keep everything ON TOPIC and ATTACK-FREE, or I'll close this thread very quickly.

Edited by Tank

"The corps is sinking, quick someone start a winter guard"

I certainly hope that you are just trying to be funny. One of the reasons that SCV is starting a winter guard this season is because the Raiders will not be fielding an independent world guard this year. They had their auditions in my high school's gym and from what I saw, they are going to be very good. They have an amazing amount of talent on staff and in the guard. I'll be rooting for them, and not just because my wife made the guard!

I certainly hope that you are just trying to be funny. One of the reasons that SCV is starting a winter guard this season is because the Raiders will not be fielding an independent world guard this year. They had their auditions in my high school's gym and from what I saw, they are going to be very good. They have an amazing amount of talent on staff and in the guard. I'll be rooting for them, and not just because my wife made the guard!

I certainly understand the positive role a successful winter guard can have for a corps, particularly in rocky times (ask the late 70s folks in Belleville). That said, the timing of the announcement at SCV left something to be desired.

Has SCV "jumped the shark"????[

quote name=MiamiSun76' date='Oct 28 2005, 07:35 PM' post='1187608]

I certainly understand the positive role a successful winter guard can have for a corps, particularly in rocky times (ask the late 70s folks in Belleville). That said, the timing of the announcement at SCV left something to be desired.

Funny how news gets to this ex-VK DM....I'll just say I'm PRETTY DANG EXCITED for SCV based on first-hand info passed to me. When the announcement gets made, you will see that SCV is in FINE FINE hands. The least of which is that Mike Jackson is an AWESOME choice for their drum line. I think Mike is a great person, and a great choice.

I was one of the "doubters" and concerned parties last summer with my reviews when I saw SCV. If the corps goes the direction they're going, I know I'll be breathing much easier. And besides, with all due respect to Chris Nalls (who would be BEYOND awesome and qualified for the position), Denise would be great in the position if BOD can't find someone.

Me thinks folks need to chill...right Paul? :)

I have to admit I’m getting a little anxious. Having been a part of this process in the past I’m well aware of what an important and difficult decision this is. That being said one does get a little worried when the BOD misses its self imposed deadline. Last unofficial word I heard was the board was at the background check stage. Maybe there has been an unexpected and last minute candidate. I read on another forum (BD) that GH was unhappy in Cadet land. Could he be thinking of jumping ship and joining SCV? Maybe he would like to be known as the Bill Parcels of DCI. This is all speculation, but stranger things have happened.

Paul