Magic Director

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike past seasons where we relied on several volunteers to staff our “Magic Oven” throughout the season, in 2005 we were fortunate to have two wonderful ladies who became “head cook and bottle washers” for the entire season. The members had great meals all season long and even had steak several times on the tour (a far cry from the peanut butter and jelly sandwich days)! Unfortunately, they are unable to tour next season. But we would like to explore the possibility of recruiting a couple of folks to take charge of feeding the kids. We would love to find a professional chef, food nutritionist, or other food service professional to take charge of this.

Last season Curt Bigelow served as our Volunteer Coordinator. But this season he takes on an expanded role as Corps General Manager. Obviously, he’s going to be very busy so we need to recruit a new Volunteer Coordinator.

Are you interested in becoming our Volunteer Coordinator, Stephanie?

The only people who are not posted on our website is the instructional staff, because we’ve not yet made any announcements. What exactly would you like to know about our administration or Board?

Believe!

Randy Wheeler

VP Operations

MAGIC Drum & Bugle Corps

Interesting, No, I don't need to know anything about the administration or Board that I don't already know, thanks for asking though.

No thanks but we are relocating very soon. We're tired of being in Hurricanes.

:)

I agree with JazzHandsJohn.

I wish Magic of Orlando nothing but the best this season. All my hopes and prayers go out the them. Good luck Magic!

Isn't that the executive director?

It also looks like they need a "Head cook" and "volunteer coordinator" from their website.

Interesting, they don't have up anything regarding the administration or Board spots, or staff for that matter, like they used to on their website. :worthy:

Can't believe I'm saying this after all these years, but with Lee Shields on the BoD they'll get through.

Why did Jimmy leave????

Seemed to MANY of us vets that he bailed the corps out in 2004 and turned things around in 2005. We toured very well last summer between Jimmy and Tanya and now they are both gone!

I pulled up the Magic stuff from this time last year and we had the show, staff, camp dates, location, and updated web stuff. Not this year so far......

Help wanted:

Volunteer Leader - Curt did a good job last year, even had some outside group come to a camp.

Transportation Manager - Don't remember ever breaking down or getting lost. Great floor time.

Cooks - WE HAD THE BEST IN DCI

WHY THE CHANGES??????

nate

If you check the web page you will notice Lee Shields is no longer on the BOD. A shame, I have met Lee, and he is a great guy, old timer with a heart of gold! He is in it for the kids, something rarely seen in drum corps these days. Seems like there has been a big shake up in the BOD in the last two years, years that have taken them fom 11th, to 21st.

I know many people in the Orlando area who wish the youth of Magic nothing but the best. Florida needs and deserves a first class corps! But unfortunatly, the current administration has a very bad habit of treating people who give their best like dirt. Terms like "the peanut butter and jelly days" and "What about you Steph"? do not fare well with people who were doing their best with the funds they were given. Also, firing the past two directors on the spot also causes some eyebrows to rise. I'm not saying Magic is on the wrong path, but it does make one wonder.