History of SOG, Blousemen and Pootsmen?

• 1 month later...

Pale imitations of The Fresno Ferns.

At least with The Stealthmen if you didn't see them they were there, eh?

And The Amoebas were such a small Wisconsin corps you needed a good microscope to really follow their short career.

And speaking of The Fresno Ferns, our "wearables" CAN now be purchased by the masses: follow the link below.

RON HOUSLEY

Blousemen took off in the early 80's, I know that...the first show I remember from them was the blimps show with "those Magnificent men in their flying machines" and "Up, up and away". They were an offshoot from Wind Gap I think.

SOG was begun around 82 with the "rock wearing a cape on the podium" and their signature c-g lip slurs opener.

Pootsmen are a recent entry as Poots wasnt even around until Henry Staub started calling everyone poots because he was mad at Dave Martin. Kurt enherited that name.

Thats all I know.

Donny

Blousemen took off in the early 80's, I know that...the first show I remember from them was the blimps show with "those Magnificent men in their flying machines" and "Up, up and away". They were an offshoot from Wind Gap I think.

SOG was begun around 82 with the "rock wearing a cape on the podium" and their signature c-g lip slurs opener.

Pootsmen are a recent entry as Poots wasnt even around until Henry Staub started calling everyone poots because he was mad at Dave Martin. Kurt enherited that name.

Thats all I know.

Donny

Donny,

That's Henry Staab if ur talking 'bout the one I know!!! He'll get a kick out of ur post too!!! BTW, did Hank ever tell you about the Boise Spuds?? They are the only Drum Corps to EVER post a perfect 100 in a show... Actually, I had HEARD that you consulted for them... or was that the guy from the mid-west??? The "Spuds" did use part of Cru's book one year! Anyway, Yours In Drum Corps!

Fred

Yes I am sure that is Hank. And maybe I did consult for them...

Donny ^0^

I know the Pootsmen were awesome a few years ago at DCA Mini Corps. We kind of shook everyone up after our performance...and those T-shirts and bandana's!!!

Kurt where are you?????