Weather Problems?

Does any remember somewhere in Mississippi in 2003? I want to say it was pascagoula. Kiwanis was the only corps to compete before a tornado warning wiped out the whole show. We came off the field and with green skys everywhere were told to pack the truck as quickly as possible. What a mess.

We pulled up to that show - sat in the parking lot for maybe 10 minutes before getting word that the show was cancelled and left.

Stopped at a truck stop a few minutes later and the weather was pretty crazy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horicon, Wisconsin 1988 Star of Indiana gets sent off the field half way through their show because of the skys opening up and dumping on them!

:laugh: Sounds like Horicon . . . (that's where I grew up).

I didn't know about this, but I seem to recall that Star still beat Madison by like two points.

Sioux Falls, SD 2005

It was perfect all day but during the lot you could just tell off in the distance it started to look bad. Sure enough, get ready to take the field and lightning starts flashing everywhere. Show got cancelled which really made everone mad because we had an amazing lot. But the real kicker for me was that it was my homeshow!

I remember Blue Stars getting pelted with hail at the Cavaliers home show in 1976. I was in the stands and remember the scatter drill they did to get off the field! The thunderstorm lasted too long to continue the show, the rest of it was rained out.

Props to those 04 Pioneer kids, they sold that show even with mother nature trying to scream them off of the field... I even cried during their ballad, and when that Irish flag went waving.

Yeah...I just watched that show yesterday. Some of the girls that were in the guard came back for the 2005 season and they told me that they had never dropped a thing until that day. I felt so bad! :( Some of the hornline members had their hats blow off too.

As a fan, I remember the 1988 Sevierville, TN show where a thunderstorm moved in while the Freelancers were on the field. The Crossmen set up next and go shooed under the backfield stands while the storm passed through. Everyone was extremely hyped when it was announced that the show would go on!

1977, Madison Wisconsin. Blue Stars are on the field. Its the year of Planets and hot pants and umbrellas...turns out the umbrellas were prophetic. Show starts...Dah, dah, dahdahdahdah BOOM CRASH. The thunder and lightening were right in beat with the show, but no rain! The crowd was eating it up, the show (and the air) was electric...best show of the year. At the point in the show where the rotating planets are going around, I'm on the outside planet looking towards the far back corner of the field, and I hear "DIP SH**, DIP SH** being yelled from the announcer. Can't figure out why they are calling us names, and then turn the back of the planet and start coming forward only to realize there are only about 5 of us left on the field, and the rest are all running for cover! Announcer was actually yelling DITCH IT, but there was no way we were gonna break ranks!

You never saw such a bunch of disappointed Blue Stars....

Does any remember somewhere in Mississippi in 2003? I want to say it was pascagoula. Kiwanis was the only corps to compete before a tornado warning wiped out the whole show. We came off the field and with green skys everywhere were told to pack the truck as quickly as possible. What a mess.

Was there for that show too...It was indeed Pascagoula, and one of the NASTIEST storms I've ever driven through!