Under-Achieving?

glory

I wondered why the Glassmen didn't move up more. They were clean and the music (except for the hip hop in the 4th movement) was very creative. What's with the visuals? When I look at the DVDs I sometimes think I'm seeing a good DCA show, with everything in front of the hash marks.

I watched 2000 back to back with 2005 the other night and musically they were fairly close, but the visuals..............

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize that I have only read the first few post.

The thing that I believe that has prevented the talent level at BD from achieving more is the this.

They have been relying on a single idea to hold the attention of the fans for an entire 11 minutes. That not a bad thing. I believe if they had more diversity in their show and opened up and unlocked the range of thier ideas. The collective experience in this corps is so phenominal (sp?) that they would easily perform the 'snot' out of it.

I'm glad to see that their guard and drum line have been highlighted along with their outstanding horn line. A great plus. However, an encreased dynamic range of ideas could leave you howling for more rather than a polite golf clap with a side comment like. Well that was a typical BD show, great stuff but it reminds me of place your year of choice here.

Mom